We had a house guest

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

TheTenthDoctor

Fish Herder
Reaction score
So July 4th. Pretty awful day for me. I had a horrendous shift at work plus I had to train a new idiot. After work I had to go to Walmart and deal with the circus that is Walmart. I left my charger at work so I had to go back and get it. On the way there I saw this creature running down the road at top speed. I realized it was a dog. I jumped out and got it. It was a pug I chased her down and brought her home. She was running for the fireworks which we’re going off all over the place
32CC2D3B-61FB-494B-8B2E-F3AF02EF8829.jpeg
F7778F5B-4D57-4D11-B179-482FF7820D60.jpeg
CEB23F81-F80A-46CC-B0B9-A9552FE0CD5D.jpeg
62FCF118-E2C8-4309-935A-E5A2C5D157E3.jpeg
8B65C009-7D20-449D-957C-9A0DBBCC687F.jpeg
B157B000-0D67-4A12-B1FD-F2AB66CC8D48.jpeg
84C305BE-0C24-4E31-A7AA-2DC01D04F1D9.jpeg
At first we called her Mia but then my dad suggested we call her Miss Puggy as in Miss Piggy like Kermits girlfriend. Miss Puggy caused a bit of a ruckus at home. Sophie went crazy we ended up calling the police. This morning we took her over to the local police station to be held until her owner can pick her up. So I said goodbye to Miss Puggy I’m glad she could enjoy a day of rest after her run from the fireworks

Last edited:
Yep, fireworks and animals don't go together. My dogs were fine with fireworks and thunder that were going off miles away but one night we were out walking and some idiots set off a heap of fireworks in their front yard (in a suburban neighbourhood) as we walked by. It scared the crap out of me and the dogs. The dogs took off and ran home. I had chest pains and staggered home.

When I got home I called the cops and let them know what happened. Fireworks are illegal in Australia and you aren't allowed to own or use them in suburbia without a permit. So having idiots setting them off in their front yard as I walked past didn't go down well.

Fireworks are illegal in Australia and you aren't allowed to own or use them in suburbia without a permit.

Illegal? How boring, we have fireworks parties every year here in the UK, we used to be able to use mortars until 20 years ago or so after some berk looked down the barrel it was in after it didn't go off, then it blew his face away...

Used to get these little things called bangers, they were like little sticks of dynamite, you light and throw at peoples feet, great fun.

So July 4th. Pretty awful day for me. I had a horrendous shift at work plus I had to train a new idiot. After work I had to go to Walmart and deal with the circus that is Walmart. I left my charger at work so I had to go back and get it. On the way there I saw this creature running down the road at top speed. I realized it was a dog. I jumped out and got it. It was a pug I chased her down and brought her home. She was running for the fireworks which we’re going off all over the place View attachment 109076View attachment 109077View attachment 109078View attachment 109079View attachment 109080View attachment 109081View attachment 109082View attachment 109083 At first we called her Mia but then my dad suggested we call her Miss Puggy as in Miss Piggy like Kermits girlfriend. Miss Puggy caused a bit of a ruckus at home. Sophie went crazy we ended up calling the police. This morning we took her over to the local police station to be held until her owner can pick her up. So I said goodbye to Miss Puggy I’m glad she could enjoy a day of rest after her run from the fireworks

Our old dog managed to escape the property once and it walked to the next village, like a mile away.

Is it just as busy as before in McDonalds then?
It was off and on busy, but it was the shift, 11-7. One of the worst shifts ever invented, plus the fact that the vats wouldn't filter, and working in 80 F conditions is touch. Plus one of my friends is leaving to work somewhere else. So Yeah. Its kinda not great

It was off and on busy, but it was the shift, 11-7. One of the worst shifts ever invented, plus the fact that the vats wouldn't filter, and working in 80 F conditions is touch. Plus one of my friends is leaving to work somewhere else. So Yeah. Its kinda not great

I'd hate a hot environment, gets my skin itching. Well, maybe could ask if the place can get better aircon installed. If your friend gets on well in their new job, could ask them to put a good word in for you...

Fireworks are illegal in Australia and you aren't allowed to own or use them in suburbia without a permit.
Illegal? How boring, we have fireworks parties every year here in the UK, we used to be able to use mortars until 20 years ago or so after some berk looked down the barrel it was in after it didn't go off, then it blew his face away...
Bloody hilarious but that is one of the reasons we aren't allowed to have them here. Too many idiots that have no idea how to safely handle them.

I'd hate a hot environment, gets my skin itching. Well, maybe could ask if the place can get better aircon installed. If your friend gets on well in their new job, could ask them to put a good word in for you...
Hes gone to amazon. I can't work there. Anyhow, we did get the AC fixed, it was 86 F before. But it gets really bad on super hot days

My dogs get all worked up from the fireworks too. The old one runs upstairs and hides in the bathroom and the young one wants to be with someone and climbs on the funiture.

Hes gone to amazon. I can't work there. Anyhow, we did get the AC fixed, it was 86 F before. But it gets really bad on super hot days

Oh, I heard on the news from the BBC you are more likely to commit suicide if you work there, its an horrific company to work for apparently. Comme to think of it, it is probably like working at McDonalds having to pump out burgers and chips at high speed, but its boxes instead. They have insane targets. Unless you are a manager, don't go.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back