Ways to feed baby brine shrimp

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Sunnyspots

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I've made a hatchery in about 5 pints of water - to submerge the heater. When they hatch tomorrow can I pipette them straight from the hatchery to the fry tank? Will they survive in it at all and swim around a bit?

Make sure u use freshwater to rinse of the bbs or the fish might have some issue with the salt, unless u put them in saltwater then don't worry bout it.they should be able to survive for bout 30 in freshwater

I used an eye dropper to suck out the newly hatched nauplii and never rinsed them. I never had a problem with the salt affecting fish. It is such a small amount and gets diluted in the rearing tank.

Newly hatched gouramis are too small to take newly hatched brineshrimp. You need to use green water, infusoria or boiled egg yolk pushed through a handkerchief for the first 2 weeks and then start adding the brineshrimp nauplii after that. Keep them on the infusoria or egg yolk until all the babies are eating the brineshrimp.

I used an eye dropper to suck out the newly hatched nauplii and never rinsed them. I never had a problem with the salt affecting fish. It is such a small amount and gets diluted in the rearing tank.

Newly hatched gouramis are too small to take newly hatched brineshrimp. You need to use green water, infusoria or boiled egg yolk pushed through a handkerchief for the first 2 weeks and then start adding the brineshrimp nauplii after that. Keep them on the infusoria or egg yolk until all the babies are eating the brineshrimp.
They had liquifry as real youngsters as I hadn't time to get infusoria ready, but they are 3 weeks old now and ready for the hard stuff! I'm continuing the liquifry for the littler ones to catch up.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back