Wave Maker For A 250 Litre Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

stefday

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi,

I seem to have a few deadzones in my tank despite how i position the powerheads.

Is it posible to overcome this by adding a small wave maker? I already have an additional Koralia pump but dont want to have them all over the tank.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks.

Thanks for your replies.

I currently have a Red Sea Max 250 tank. It has a 2400lph/600gph pump and a 1200lph/300gph pump. I currently have them creating as much surface agitation as possible.

I have tried to google vortec pumps but only seem to be able to get USA sites for some reason.

Thanks.

Stef

Sounds like you have both pumps angled up to the top, maybe move one down so that the water bounces off the front glass and through the live rock :good:

The vortech 40 would be to BIG for your tank but you could think about the smaller one

http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk/catalog/vortech-mp40w-3000-propeller-pump-powerhead-p-2291.html

anyways, here is a link to the big boy!

Seffie x

theres 3 of them

all fully adjustable with different pulse settings to replicate reef crests and lagoons.

mp10
mp20
mp40

Hi,

I have decided to treat myself to a wavemaker pump after giving up the idea of a refugium.

I like the look of the vortech range that was recommended.

I have got a 65 gallon tank at the moment.

The range is the MP10 2.5 to 50 gallons, MP20 30 to 70 gal and MP40 is 50 to 500 gallons.

I am thinking that the MP10 may be too small, the MP20 would be okay but would the MP40 be too big considering there is not much cost difference and it gives the possibility of being used for an upgrade ( but not in the next couple of years). It will be quite an expense so I want to make the best decision.

Which pump would people recommend and why?

Thanks.

Stef

Most reactions

trending

Back