water sprite

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

From what I've heard and my own experience, yes. I got some about 3-4 weeks ago and it is growing like crazy - it's even growing out of my tanks lol. I haven't tried to propagate it yet, as I've heard it can get a little tricky and sensitive when you start cutting/separating it. It will depend on your lighting and ferts/stocking of your tank, but it's recommended as an easy floating plant.

I like it because it's easy to keep it to one section of my tank so I can have some higher lighting plants without the shade of the water sprite, but my fish still have shade and cover.

From what I've heard and my own experience, yes. I got some about 3-4 weeks ago and it is growing like crazy - it's even growing out of my tanks lol. I haven't tried to propagate it yet, as I've heard it can get a little tricky and sensitive when you start cutting/separating it. It will depend on your lighting and ferts/stocking of your tank, but it's recommended as an easy floating plant.

I like it because it's easy to keep it to one section of my tank so I can have some higher lighting plants without the shade of the water sprite, but my fish still have shade and cover.
Thank you ive had 2 and they seem to rot at the base .i have a 125 tank with plants and fluval plant 3

Is yours planted in the substrate or floating?

Thank you ive had 2 and they seem to rot at the base .i have a 125 tank with plants and fluval plant 3

It sounds like you maybe have it planted? I have mine floating and that's how most people tend to keep it. I've seen people who leave the plant floating until it develops long roots, then they plant it. I've tried planting some of mine once but it always wants to float so I just let it. If you plant it before it develops those roots it might be prone to rot, because the bottom of the plant itself would be burried. But I don't have experience with it planted - I leave mine floating and I like the way the roots hang down from it for fish to swim through/hide in, anyways.

Is yours planted in the substrate or floating?
It sounds like you maybe have it planted? I have mine floating and that's how most people tend to keep it. I've seen people who leave the plant floating until it develops long roots, then they plant it. I've tried planting some of mine once but it always wants to float so I just let it. If you plant it before it develops those roots it might be prone to rot, because the bottom of the plant itself would be burried. But I don't have experience with it planted - I leave mine floating and I like the way the roots hang down from it for fish to swim through/hide in, anyways.
i have trimmed the roots before planting it thats why it seems to rot they are nice plants i will try again and let it float for a while thank you again

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back