Water Skiing Lochness

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

chishnfips

WHAT! You went over my Helmet!
Reaction score
Hi Folks, I know I have never met any of you, but I have been a member on here for some time now and have spoken to alot of you in the past.

And I was wondering if you would like to support a really worthwhile cause. On Saturday I completed a 23 mile waterski along the length of Loch Ness. 23 Miles!! non stop, no breaks, no falls, just me the boat and the water. It was immense and I am really chuffed to have done it. I think I am the only person to have done it solo.

Here is a link to the press story My water ski link. Thats me on the boat with the ski.

I did it for a charity called sense scotland. They support children and adults who suffer from deaf blindness, sensory impairment and physical and learning difficulties, so its a really worthwhile cause.

I am completeing a range of challenges over a year long period, the ;ast of them being a 250 KM husky sled from Stromburg in Norway through the artic circle to the ice hotel in Sweden. I will be doing that in Macrh next year. So far I have raised £925 but I have a target of £3500 and could really do with all the help I can get.

I have a just giving page which is Just Giving Link where you can see what I ahe done already. The page is for myuself and my friend Keith (who was going to be doing the sled as well) unfortunately he has pulled out of the sled but will still be helping with sponsorship events.

If you feel you would like to help me out then that would be awsome, if not just have a look and that would be cool too.

IMPORTANT
Just Giving is a secure website, I don not see any of the money that gets donated, it goes straight to the charity. It is completely legit. If you have any queries you can phone Andy Hughs at Sense Scotland and ask about the challenege. I have spoken to him a lot so he knows who I am.

Thank you for reading

Cheers Tim Davis aka chishnfips

Unfortunately my bank balance is currently in minus figures but I wish you luck. Maybe next month I can help.

Hi Chris thanks for that, I need to come up with some more barmy ideas for fundraising too, like maybe dressing up as a chicken for a week, that could be fun lol.

Sky diving?

Sweepstakes on one of your things? I like the sweepstakes idea because you can go to as many groups of people as you like (work, school, mums work, dads work, brothers work, local pub) each group has their own and you sell squares (which on the water skiing would have been for how far you made it) if you sell squares at a pound each, you have 100 squares, and the winner gets 10 or 20 (or whatever you decide on) the rest goes to charity. With like £90 for charity from the one from the pub, £90 from work, £90 from somewhere else... Would soon add up.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back