water quality 4 Dwarf Gouramies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
i need to know what temprature my tank needs to be, ph level, and what kills them easily in a community tank? :D

They will adapt to just about any pH, temp should be around 78*F, KH and GH don't really matter. You need to keep them with NON agressive or excitable fish. Beyond that I can't really tell you what your problem with them is. I need to know a few things about your tank as I have asked for before. Here is a list of things that will help me figure out what's going on hopefully....

tank size:
tank mates:
lots of hidding places (y/n)
how long have you had the tank:
have you cycled it:
are they small or full grown:
how much and how often do you do water changes:
in what order did you introduce the fish to the tank:
How long have you been trying to stock your tank(days, weeks, months):
do you have live plants:
if you have live plants do you do CO2:
how long have you had the gouramies adn other fish:

I think that'll do it for now I may have more later. Rose

Tanksize: 29g
tankmates:4 Lemon Tetras, 4 Black Phantom Tetras, 1 Emrald Corydoas, 1 Neon Tetra
Hiding places: yes plenty i have a plants for them to hide in and i have a large skull in the tank for them to hide.
I have had the tank for 2 years but i had to redo it in late march 2002 because some parasite i still don't know what killed everything. Yes i have cycled the tank. the Gouramies when i buy them are about 3 weeks to a month old and they always die for no reason. I change my water every 2 weeks. i put new fish in every 2 weeks and i don't have live plants. in about 2 - 3 weeks i will have live plants.

"Dwarf Gouramies" = "colisa lalia" ??

If they are:

pH: under 7, 6-6.8 slightly acid
hardness (GH): soft water
temperature: 24-28 C

Black-peat filtration good for this fish (black-peat = turf), it keeps water soft and acid.

Well planted aquarium is good for colisa lalia.

the Gouramies when i buy them are about 3 weeks to a month old and they always die for no reason
Too young fish.

i don't have live plants.

Is there in water enough oxygen?

Most reactions

trending

Back