Water Changes Evey Three Days

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

robert clements

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i have been doing water changes every three days and the nitrite has gone up to 0.5 should i keep this up untill it gos down i done one yesterday and just going to do a big change now

I'm not sure of the history here. Are you cycling the tank? Have you had a recent spike?

i think its a spike i have been water changeing one day it be four days then three i was doing the test right this time i am going to drain the tank right down now. the tank was ok has been cyceled for a time with fish in as well

You do realize that your nitrite could be high from the tap right? If that's the case just do one water change and don't feed your fish for a day which should aid you bacs in clearing up the 0.5ppm of nitrite.

ok mate will do i have done a big water change and will not feed the fish yet the water was changeing yellow very quickly in three day after a water change lol

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "turning yellow." I'm presuming it's a api test kit but I have no experience with those. Anyways, test your tap water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and post the results. I'm hoping for you that your water source is the problem here.

If not then something has crashed your bac colony because a cycled filter doesn't allow the nitrites above 0ppm. My guess as to what caused would be one of the following.

. The filter was cleaned recently

. New stock was added and you cycled to less than 5ppm

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back