Water Change Options For 6/7 Footer - 35 Feet To Downstairs Bathroom

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

clivealive

Fishaholic
Reaction score
looking for Water change options for 6/7 footer -  its 35 feet  to the bathroom , which is down a set of stairs.
currently use buckets for my 4ft tank but when i get new 6/7 footer and do 50% WC it will be too much.
The main issue is lifting the buckets to put the water in , as this hurts my back.
what options do i have ?????????????

You need a water hose that will run from the bathroom / laundry room to the tank.   That means you need to add a valve under the sink that will accept a hose.   

Agree.  There is a water changing unit called a Python, and Aqueon makes the same thing under another name.  It connects to a faucet, and has a valve allowing you to drain the tank or fill it.  It does use (= waste) tap water draining, but otherwise it is a marvel.  I would wonder about the different floor levels though, as I don't know how well these things work from one floor level to another.  If you have a sink on the same level you would have no problem.  Mine is 75 feet in length.  You do need a faucet with threads to accept the hose, which is the same as a garden hose.  I'm attaching a photo so you'll know what we're talking about.

Byron.

Attachments

• Python Auto Water Changer.jpg
    Python Auto Water Changer.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 61
Byron, my Aqueon water changer only needs water from the tap for about a minute before it creates enough suction to start siphoning off the tank and into the sink. Then I turn it off and we're all good. ;)

OP, I know that if the sink is higher than the tank, you'll be able to fill the tank easily with a water changer, but draining is slower. If the tank is higher than the sink, you have easier draining, but filling is not a problem either, because the water pressure from the tap should negate the fact that you're working against gravity. However, you will probably find some issues with using a water changer like the Python or other equivalents if you're running hoses up the stairs. Do you have any water source on the level the tank will be on?

thanks
Python, and Aqueon look great but a lot of money if they dont work, great idea tho.   pressure of tap might push it up tho , who knows.

no i dont have water on living room level  (living room at top of house)

hi you can get a tap hose connector that will attach to a normal tap and can use the garden hose to add water and the weight of the water will drain as its going down a flight of stairs there are lots of the out there one for a mixer tap one for single and a number of others. 

all depending on your water pressure but 1.5 + bar should be fine depending on the angle on the way up lol

photo below of the one i got to do my tank.

41QCSXu1JNL._SY300_.jpg

attibones said:
Byron, my Aqueon water changer only needs water from the tap for about a minute before it creates enough suction to start siphoning off the tank and into the sink. Then I turn it off and we're all good.
wink.png

This is interesting.  I have turned off the tap with the Python still in the tank, and the water drain almost completely stops; it will only dribble without the tap on.  Sink and tanks are on the same level.  I actually have an Aqueon tap fitting, as the one on the Python broke (threads stripped) and I could only get the Aqueon, but it works fine.  But it will only drain water from the tank if the tap is also on, and on more than just a trickle, hence the water waste that bothers me, but I have no way around it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back