water change and getting new fish advice??

kevfiz

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hey all i was up very early this morning and decided to do a water change and clean out the filter and the tubing i had it done by 830am. am i okay to get some new fish this afternoon or evening ? i am thinking of mollies and a few bristle nose

I don’t see why not. seems like the perfect time to do it to be honest. Nice clean water What’s not to like?
Im no expert fish keeper though.

To be honest Ive nothing to contribute to the technical complicated threads. I try to help out around here by asking some basic questions that’ll be asked regardless thus taking some of the load from the more knowledgable posters.
Just the basics like chlorine/chloride, filter cleaning, water hardness from providers website, tank size, water hardness-fish compatibility, pointing them at seriouslyfish.com, saying welcome, acting the clown etc.

Aw @ClownLurch don't sell yourself short! I've gotten valuable insight from your comments!!

And for OP, I guess the fundamental question is whether your tank is at its stocking limit already or whether you have room for more fish :D I know dumb question, but always best to review fundamentals :)

Also way to go with that early am water change! You have accomplished something before most folks finished breakfast, way to go! Today is a good day!

I have to do a water change on my 55 gallon tetra tank today, it is a little more involved since I have to mix RO water with my hard water. Not as ambitious as you, I am waiting until later today to do it. Molly like to have fry so keep that in mind. I had so many molly fry once I had to set up two extra 10 gallon tanks for them. I ended up giving most away to friends and the rest to the LFS.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back