Water area in a frog tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

LobsterOfJustice

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a tank that has half land and half water. There is a gecko and 3 frogs in the tank... I was feeling the need to put some fish in the water half. I was thinking maybe a betta, 2 african dwarf frogs and a few snails and ghost shrimp? Will these be okay together? Do I need to buy a heater for it? A while ago I had white cloud minnows in it and i want something different this time. Thanks in advance.

A pic would probably help, or if you could tell us how many gallons of it is water.If it is 3 gallons+ you could probably keep a betta in there. As long as the gecko doesn't eat it! -_- Hopefully someone else will come along and give you further info. HTH :)

What kind of frogs? Like red bellied toads or what? If so, they will probably eat ghost shrimp and take a nip at your bettas tail.

Also, what if your gecko ever fell in? They aren't good swimmers you know... if the whole bottom is water that could be very dangerous to him. Plus they don't actually drink water, they get it off of leaves from dew in the morning. What kind of gecko is it?

I was thinking opf putting in african dwarf frogs... I have a Tanzanian Jumping frog and 2 Green tree frogs in there and they stay in the river part, not the full water part where the fish would be(kind of hard to explain). I have had this setup for a number of years and never had a problem. Half the bottom is land, half water. There are a lot of plants and pieces of wood so if the gecko ever fell in all he'd need to do is flail and he'd be fine. Its a house gecko.

Hi LobsterOfJustice :)

I don't know about the other critters you have, but I have ADF's and ACF's. There's a link in my signature that will take you to a thread with lots of information and links about them.

I hope you find it helpful! :D

i have never kept danios but that's what the lfs suggestedd for my brothers newt/aquaticbwarffrog/whitecloud tank, besides whitclouds, bu these probaly need more space then clouds

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back