Watch This Space

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Baccus

We are not born just so we can die
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I just received my newest native additions to my fish collection today. The amazing and beautiful desert Gobies. They are true odd balls in that they can handle water salter than the sea as well as pure fresh water. They can tolerate extremes in water temp which is just as well considering how hot and then cold it can get in a desert on a daily basis. They can even gulp oxygen from the surface if the waters oxygen levels get to depleted. And to top off all of that the males stake out a territory and then dance and show off to the girls to get her to enter his cave for breeding, where he will then guard the eggs.

So far I only have one ok sort of photo of one of the males, but he has not fully settled in and showing of his true breeding colours.

Hopefully in the next few days I will be able to start adding some pictures of these amazing little fish.

I considered these guys myself.

Looking forward to seeing them! How many did you get?

Cheers
Maurizio

What, you mean there are fish that can handle big swings in TDS re the salt content. They can handle big temperature swings. Maybe they can even handle big pH swings? But I thought these things were always bad for fish?

Where is the sarcasm smiley when you really need it?
Dunno.gif

I hope they spawn for you, good luck with them.

I got 6 of these amazing fish, two pairs and another 2 which could be either 2 females or a female and a much younger male. In the tanks I put them into there is already plenty of structure for them to hide under and in. But I might also give them some PCV pipe as nesting sites which will also be easier to keep an eye on with egg development etc.

They really are gluttons of fish, so far they having willingly scoffed down all the sinking pellets and other prepared foods I have tried them on, one of the females even ate a small rams horn snail.

Well it hasn't taken the gobies long to equate people with food, they already come out front and centre of the tank demanding food nearly as insistently as the pack of endlers that are also in the tank.
Here is a couple of pics of one of the males.
First pic, flash on

Second pic no flash

Oh wow! They're so beautiful. Gotta love those lil faces. :wub: 

Studies have found that when there is an abundance of females, males will be more picky in choosing a mate, and when there a few females, males will pair with almost any one!

TooManyChoices said:
Studies have found that when there is an abundance of females, males will be more picky in choosing a mate, and when there a few females, males will pair with almost any one!
Like a lot of human blokes then
yes.gif
lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back