was asked to post an introduction thread

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

outofwater

Fish Addict
Reaction score
so, here it is.

when I was as kid I had all kinds of animals, from the usual cats and dogs, to many farm animals. Once my father brought in an eagle which had been shot down (grazed wing) for stealing chickens, we nursed it to health and within weeks it left, although for a few days it returned to be fed, until I guess/hope it was strong enough to fly away back home.
when i was little my parents once got fishes without any idea of what to do with them, we returned home one day with all of them having jumped out of the small bowl we had placed them on. we never touched them until at least a decade later, when one day I got bitten by the fish bug again, and it was another disaster. back then, and back home; the "hobby" was very different around me, there were just a few local shops, and me being an impatient kid went thru the process rushing in, a few died within the first couple of weeks from what now I can only assume were harsh water conditions.

the few survivors lived a few months until I lost interest and then just died off until they were all gone.

a few decades later, and much wiser and patient; I'm back to the hobby, with a lot more resources, patience and knowledge. glad to be here.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

It would have been nice looking after the eagle and then letting it go after it was healed. They are magnificent birds :)

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

It would have been nice looking after the eagle and then letting it go after it was healed. They are magnificent birds :)
We had a small family business, so we had plenty of fresh meat to feed it. My dad was an animal lover all his life, a bit on the "relaxed" side (let them be, they can take care of themselves) which sometimes led to our pets having some health issues that could've been prevented, but he loved and cared for every single one of our animals, and as a kid to see that eagle in our backyard for a few weeks, get up close to it, toss it meat, and finally see it recovered to the point where it could fly again, eared in my mind forever that care and respect for animals is the best way to gage a person's "humanity"

th
Welcome, there's a whole world waiting in this hobby when you get into the heart of it. Enjoy your stay!
thanks! It always was in the back of my mind, but "life" gets in the way of life. I finally got the tank and all the basic hardware, and suddenly a friend asked me to "sit" his betta while he went on a week-long vacation, so I had to get it started quickly. Long story short, had to brush up on tank cycling, water testing, etc. it's been 3 weeks since then, tank is fully cycled, and I currently have 5 corys, 4 different plants, and 3 different snails in it. plan on getting a few more fish, and we'll see where it goes. my son is already thinking about getting a rainbow shark, however that means we'll have to get a bigger tank for it. If I've learned anything about this hobby is that if you sticl around, one tank will never be enough.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back