Wart/blister On My Betta

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

helwergles

Reaction score
Hey,

I've been keeping a betta for almost 2 months. I was out for 2 days, and yesterday, when I came home, I noticed a kind of a warp/blister on my betta's dorsal fin.

Does anybody know what it is? Is it an illness?

He's eating and swimming ok.

He lives in a 5 gallon tank, AquaClear20 filter, thermostat, chemical tests are ok...

Pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com.br/lh/photo/M620ONkpr7TACUn9Ezh0Ew?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com.br/lh/photo/kshea-5KipsAI3eyNzbOpA?feat=directlink

Please, help me!!

thanks!

Yeah, it seems to be ok. I went to a petshop, and the salesperson told me it was probably some sort of bacteria, and I already started treating it.

And besides, when I came home, I noticed that the "blister" is "emptier", as if it had popped, and now there's only the "skin" of the blister. I have no idea if it's good or bad, though.

that is not bacterial so stop the medicating. it is caused by a virus. think of it as fish herpes. it will NOT kill your fish. i had a betta who would randomly get these and he lived to be over 3 years. it is not contagious to unrelated species, but may be passed to other bettas.
again. stop treating for bacterial infection. it is not needed. he will be just fine. they come and go. he may never get another, or may crop up from time to time. but no worries. its not lethal. just keep clean water for when they rupture, so you dont get infection at the site (although i never had a problem with mine..as i said, theyd come and go)
all the best. photos were very helpful so thanks for posting them.
cheers

Thanks a lot, loraxchick!!

I won't continue with the medication, and since this betta is the only fish I have, there is no chance of further infections.

He's eating and swimming normally =)

Again, THANKS!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back