Reaction score
Ok which do you prefer

The hollywood version

The classic black and white

The novel

Or

The musical version on cd

I prefer the musical version myself! Just wondered which other people prefer

it fell off the internet via a friend in mp3 format it's the original orson welles that scared the crap out of radio listeners.

it's the war of the worlds by orson welles in association with the columbia broadcasting corporation at the mercury theater.
here is an article

Despit ebeing a big fan of both Speilberg and Tom Cruise, the new film was poor in comparison (though I do know sombody who jumped a few times :rolleyes: ).

I like the old film and I like the book and the Jeff Wayne musical, I was going to see the stage version of it, but I never got around to it.

I must aquire a copy of the original radio play, I have heard it was good.

Arfie

I've never heard the radio broadcast so I can't comment on that. As far as the movies go, I liked them both! They each have their good and bad points. HA! How's that for making a decision?!! :D

Well, I've only seen the original movie and the heard the radio play, so those are the ones I liked. My friend, a huge scifi buff, has something called "The Complete War of the Worlds". It had the book in hardcover and an audio CD with the radio play from Osron Wells and an interview with both Orson Wells and HG Wells from 1940. A bunch of us listened to the entire CD one night; great night with the CD, great food, and drinking.

Definitely the radio version by Orson Welles. It's "live and happening now" feeling really complements the story IMO. The book is great as well though and I like the CD version too. The old movie was my least favourite but I still don't mind it.

I am a bit sceptical of the new flick though, hence why I have yet to see it. Personally I think it is a crock how they are rehashing all the old classics, comics, etc and royally stuffing them recently (not all of them admittedly, but a good number of them). I'm not sure if that is the case with the War of the worlds remake but the recent trend of money grabbing desecration is enough to prohibit me from shelling out 20 bucks to see it at the theatre.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back