D60FE4C1-B4FB-4D9A-9DD5-998438D71F75.jpeg

OP
OP
biofish

biofish

Fishaholic
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
Updates: so it’s been about a month, and the blue algea hasn’t come back since I treated it!

I dosed all my tanks that were showing signs and not a single one has an outbreak anymore~

Only one fish has died since: my albino pleco. But I’m not sure why, she suddenly stopped eating and I tried putting a variety of chopped veggies in and nothing. She just slowly got paler and paler over the course of a couple weeks. I’m really not sure what happened though. All of my other bottom dwellers/shrimp are okay so even though it’s not impossible, I think it’s unlikely that she managed to eat an undissolved particle.

Stan510

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I don't have a sure cure but can tell you- the bright light and fine sand substrate is a good home for BGA. You would be better with gravel IF it returns....

Byron

Supporting Member
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
I don't know where the sand issue for cyanobacteria came from, it pops up here and there, but there is no evidence it causes cyano. I had soft play sand in my 8 tanks for a decade and the only tank that ever had cyano had it near the surface on plant leaves.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online