Wanted Driftwood And Plants

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tinytonez

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm just after some nice, big pieces of driftwood and some barteri plants for my new 6 foot tank. So if anyone has any for sale and they are located in Sydney, Australia can you please email me at [email protected].

Thanks alot

I get my driftwood straight from the beach. I then proceed to boil it, cook it in the oven and then soak it for weeks until it is water logged. This process get out any bugs or parasites that might be in it then it is safe for your fish tank! :)

Hi Everyone,

I'm just after some nice, big pieces of driftwood and some barteri plants for my new 6 foot tank. So if anyone has any for sale and they are located in Sydney, Australia can you please email me at [email protected].

Thanks alot

Its illegal in Australia to take driftwood from a beach as far as i know.

Wow, that's interesting!! Im not very familiar with Australia, but you should check EBay. That is where I got my piece and it was very reasonable in price. Shipping may be a bundle though and you would have to soak/boil it as most of this is just found by people who live by the shores/rivers.
Also, you may try your LFS it is sold here at LFS, but is VERY expensive.
Good Luck!

Hey Tinytonez,

Nice choice going w/ driftwood for your tank. Driftwood looks so nice in tanks, including with white sand, :hey: but hey, that is just my taste. Anyways, Let me give you some advice. Whatever you do before you stick a piece of driftwood in your tank, is to clean it. The above steps Stacy84 gave you are pretty good. What I would like to add though is to scrub it w/ some type of brush. Also, scrape off any loose pieces off the drift. This being if any pieces become loose, they get stuck up in the filter. They can also get loose everywhere on the gravel and or sand (On sand being worse). One last thing, follow the soaking advice people are telling you. Driftwood tends to staind the water a brown color. Good Luck and Enjoy.

All LFS stock driftwood in aus. It to is quite expensive. May look into buying some off ebay...... Thanks Breeze

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back