Wanted: Bottom Dwelling Cleaner-Uppers!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffycabbage

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I recently downsized and all my cories went, so i only have a 65l now with a few fish in it, but theyre messy lol - the cories obviously kept the tank clean before!
Im looking for some fish (or anything else) which can clean up the poo in the tank!

Im in Bedford, so anything local to here is good. Thanks :good:

Gravel vaccum is best bottom cleaner. More fish added to clean bottom just means more poop.

True, but cory's hoover up alot more than you realise. I added three to one of my tanks that was a mess and it is nearly spotless! They have only been in there 24hours!!

Gravel vaccum is best bottom cleaner. More fish added to clean bottom just means more poop.

True, but cory's hoover up alot more than you realise. I added three to one of my tanks that was a mess and it is nearly spotless! They have only been in there 24hours!!

Corys dont eat Poo you will find they will have stirred the bottom up and the waste will have been collected by your filter

Corys dont eat Poo you will find they will have stirred the bottom up and the waste will have been collected by your filter

I never said they did, what I said is that you don't realise how clean they actualy keep a tank....

Only thing Cory's clean up is excess food and perhaps small shrimp,dead fishes if they find them.
If one does not overfeed the tank,and regular maint is performed,,then there is no real need for "bottom cleaner's".
Now if one want's bottom dweller's because they like them ,,well then fine but to purchase fishes to keep a tank clean is actually doing the opposite.
More fish = more food = more poop= more maint (vaccuming).

Please edit per this topic; http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/364910-classified-section-sales-format/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back