Want to know rainbow snakehead food habits

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Aniket

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I got rainbow snakehead (12-13cm).
I feed him bloodworms. I want to know what else they will eat because its hard to find bloodworms everyday. Will he eat pellets which is used for catfish?

Snakeheads will eat anything that fits in their mouth. You can feed them on prawn/ shrimp, fish, octopus, squid, mussel/ clam meat, any sort of insect or insect larvae (as long as they aren't poisonous or contaminated with pesticide). Basically any sort of food that fish eat, snakeheads will eat, including dry foods but it might take them a while to work out what dry/ pellet foods are.

Snakeheads will eat anything that fits in their mouth. You can feed them on prawn/ shrimp, fish, octopus, squid, mussel/ clam meat, any sort of insect or insect larvae (as long as they aren't poisonous or contaminated with pesticide). Basically any sort of food that fish eat, snakeheads will eat, including dry foods but it might take them a while to work out what dry/ pellet foods are.
Can we culture any live food for snakehesds?

Can we culture any live food for snakehesds?
Rainbow snakehead (Channa bleheri) feeds mainly on small fish and insects in the wild. You can culture some cockroaches or crickets for it or breed some livebearers.

The OP hasn't been on the forum for a few years so is unlikely to read your reply.

I've recently acquired an Orange Spotted Snakehead (around 5 to 6 inches), he eats almost anything I throw in the water and is the first one with a full stomach during feeding time. I usually throw in some protein rich pellets along with some cut up shrimp.

Most reactions

Back