Want Some Advice On A New Lawn

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

shelaghfishface

the one and only
Reaction score
its not a large ( 20ftx20ft if that) area and i was considering laying some turf, but ive done that in another garden and it wasn`t very hard wearing.. unless there is a type that will withstand a beating?
what are your opinions on grass seed? have never used it before, not very instant tho is it?? and i assume you have to stay off it for ages?
hoping to make a start on sunday... is this weather ok for either?

thanks in advance ;)
shelagh xx

Pave it, patio slabs, very hard wearing :lol:

If you are going to lay turf, you need to water it in well, 2 hours a day, particulary in this weather and dont cut it for the first time for a good month after laying. You can get some good deals online for turf with free delivery, I recently did a part of my garden (as you know) and the place I got mine from, garden turf supplies (google it) was great quality, delivered on the day I wanted, on time and has grown like mad.

Seeding it, not a good time of year really and yes you will need to stay off it for ages and cover it with some netting to keep the birds off it.

rye grass is what you need to be looking
for very hard wearing grass good for play areas
and pathways and stuff like that but that's only
my choice

you can get rye grass in turf
if you look about

my grandad is now on the case ( he insisted that turf was the way to go too).. going to shop around for me bless him.. i guess he`ll also be here on sunday to check im doing it right :lol:

Pave it, patio slabs, very hard wearing :lol:

If you are going to lay turf, you need to water it in well, 2 hours a day, particulary in this weather and dont cut it for the first time for a good month after laying. You can get some good deals online for turf with free delivery, I recently did a part of my garden (as you know) and the place I got mine from, garden turf supplies (google it) was great quality, delivered on the day I wanted, on time and has grown like mad.

Seeding it, not a good time of year really and yes you will need to stay off it for ages and cover it with some netting to keep the birds off it.

thats what the kids are getting on there half
shifty.gif

:lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back