The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Aniket

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have channa gachua around 12cm.
She dont eat fishes now a days.
I was feeding her crickets but its hard to find crickets everyday.
I want any suggestion on what to feed and if its easy to get or breed

Snakeheads eat anything so offer a variety of foods ranging from insects (caught without bug spray), earthworms, prawn/ shrimp, fish, etc.

If the fish doesn't want dead food you can use a sewing needle and some thread to hang the food from, and jiggle it about in the water. Get a length of cotton thread about 3 foot long and feed it through the eye of the needle. Draw the thread down so it has 2 lengths and tie the ends together so it has a small knot. Feed the needle through the bit of dead fish or prawn and slide it down the length of thread. It should stop on the knot. Then gently lower the food into the tank and move it up and down in front of the fish. The knot should stop the food coming off too easily but if the fish grabs the food, it should be able to easily pull it off the thread.

Snakeheads eat anything so offer a variety of foods ranging from insects (caught without bug spray), earthworms, prawn/ shrimp, fish, etc.

If the fish doesn't want dead food you can use a sewing needle and some thread to hang the food from, and jiggle it about in the water. Get a length of cotton thread about 3 foot long and feed it through the eye of the needle. Draw the thread down so it has 2 lengths and tie the ends together so it has a small knot. Feed the needle through the bit of dead fish or prawn and slide it down the length of thread. It should stop on the knot. Then gently lower the food into the tank and move it up and down in front of the fish. The knot should stop the food coming off too easily but if the fish grabs the food, it should be able to easily pull it off the thread.
At first she ate my zebra danios then she was eating dead gaint danios. Then i bought some local algae eaters 2cm length she started eating them but now she dont eat algae eaters, danios. I kept live fishes but she seems not taking interest in them. She was starving for 4 days. So last night i found one cricket and she ate him. Looks she is very picky about food :D

One of the fish she ate might have been bad and given her an upset stomach so now she is avoiding them. Try feeding her some cooked prawn.

Make sure the water quality in the tank is good. Do a big water change and see if it helps.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back