Want A New Gecko

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ginge2010

Reaction score
Does anyone know were i can get a male gecko for reasonable price i paid over the odds for my female one

From a breeder, look on places that advertise reptiles such as reptile forums uk.

Though expect to be quizzed, if you have a female, you can expect a breeder to want to know her current stats, her care regime and the equipment you have and what morph she is if you plan to breed them. Most reptile keepers wont sell their animals if they dont get the answers they want. The decent breeders anyway! Still... a much more uptight hobby that fish keeping thanks to the animal rights people.

What kind of gecko? Leopard, giant, crested, gargoyle? And thats just a few :p

Mbou is right though, direct from a breeder is cheaper. Generally undercut shop prices by £10-£20 here in the UK and often willing to either deliver the full distance for a fee or meet midway, especially if it can fit into a larger overall trip. Just earlier this week I had service station car boot dealings with another breeder to exchange stock and pick up some sales he had for others close to us. We charged a little petrol to the other people and covered half our journey cost as a result :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back