Waaaaahooooooooooooooooooooo

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Shelby

Fishaholic
Reaction score
OMG :hyper: OMG :hyper: OMG

So we all know I go round and round with the other half about fish tanks. Well... I finally get to upgrade my currently 29G tall tank to a 35G hexagon... and

I get to get another 65G hexagon... and....

A 60G acrylic!!

I already picked up the 35G hexagon. On Sunday we are picking up the 65G and 60G

:good: :hyper:

And so it begins. MTS stands for more than just Malasian trumpet snail you know.
I have a severe case of multiple tank syndrome with 25 tanks running and a few spares around in case they are needed in a crunch for a new species or two. None of us here will be able to help you control it because we all seem to enjoy suffer from the same symptoms.

Yes MTS is a horrible infliction. The 70G I am seeting up at the bosses house has fed the need temporarily. I will soon have 4 tanks in cycle.... wow.. that seems daunting doesn't it?? lol

I had to send the other half to look at a tank for me and the guy who is selling it just has his basement completely full of tanks. In walls, on stands, everywhere. Goregous setups. TOH (the other half) had fish years ago and I think taking a look at this guys setups has given him the bug again. Between having 4 adult dogs and a litter of 5 pups right now we are scrambling for space to put the tanks as our whelping box takes up quite a bit of space in the one room.

All in all I am spending $375.00US on 3 complete fishtanks. Not a bad deal I don't think?

Fab news :good: i wish i had room for more tanks...:sad:

The 60 & 65 gal tanks sound lush :drool: Have you thought about what stock you might be getting eventually?

lol that will be me later lol. I'm 20 right now, grew up with a 150 gallon tank (or something along that number) when i was a kid, moved in with my bf, got a 10 gallon and a week later have a 60 gallon and 5 giant fantail gold fish lol. i already told my bf that when we get our own place I'm reserving 1 large room (be the basement or living room) and then putting a custom fish tank in that will be in a connected "L" shape across 2 walls of the room, floor to ceiling, and full of fishes lol. i cant get any more tanks right cause of space, so I'm going crazy with ornaments. its driving my boyfriend nuts lol

For one of the 60's baby pirhanas are going in it until they grow out a bit. In the other I'm thinkin maybe Brichardi's. In the 35 I'm transferring over my 29g community.

I'm really looking for extremely black sand. I can't use Onyx sand in my community because I have dojos and I think Onyx is jagged. And I believe that raises the PH. I can however use it in my Brichardi tank if that is what I decide on.

The pirhanas are his. The good news is that once they grow out he will HAVE to get a bigger tank which means my Community will move up to the 65hex. :lol: There really is a method to my madness!! :D

Well, honestly...

Today I went to pick up the 65 gallon mint condition hexagon aquarium. This thing is a monster. When on the stand it is 6' 5" tall. When we put fish in it we will literally eyeball to eyeball with the fish. Crazy. :fun: It came with filters and lights. $200 USD. Good deal I thought. Nice space saver.

Sooo... while I was there I bought the 60 gallon acrylic aquarium. With lights and filters and stand. I got this for $100.00 USD. Nice... :good:

Then, the guy says to me... I've got this 35 gallon hexagon I'm not using. Just a tank. I'll take $20 for it. Of course... I took it :crazy:

I know have 2 35g hex, 1 65g hex, 1 60g rectangle, and a 29gallon tall (which is now for sale... :blush: )

Its a horrible bug to catch which im just getting over i was given a 27USG that spread to a 30USG then a 75USG and finally a 35USG all in the space of a few months my better half puts up with it and im lucky lol

I just have all these empty tanks sitting around *sigh* I'll get to them eventually!!

I have to level them and get some bits and pieces for them yet.

It's nice to know that they are sitting there waiting!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back