VOTE NOW—May 2019 Pet of the Month contest

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

VOTE for your CHOICE in our PET OF THE MONTH contest.

• PheonixKingZ

• Deanasue

• FishAuntie

• Bettapuppy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have 4 awesome pets entered into the May 2019 Pet of the Month Contest. View all the pets and descriptions below and then go to top of page and click on your choice for POTM

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific pet in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted

Poll will close on May 28th at 5 pm

Thread will periodically be cleaned up for readability.

We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation.

Last edited:
Here is my cutie!! :)
867978B6-A79A-45AD-A6A4-AB529EDCDEF4.jpeg

Name: Frisco

Tricks: Sit, Stay, roll over, shake, down, heel, catch, hold and catch (balance a treat on his nose then say “hold” and he will hold it until you say “catch” then he will flip it up and catch it!), weave, jump, over, and fetch.

Where I got him: I rescued him from a dump site, someone just dropped him off.

Personality: he is very playful, he loves swimming and running!!

How old is he?: approximately 1.5 years old.

Breed: pure breed mutt!! (I love calling him this, because I have no clue what kind he is. He is a mutt.)

This is my dog, and I hope you choose him as the pet of the month!! Thank you all for taking the time to read this. :)

0ED3811C-5C60-4E87-8368-9ABEB915F3FD.jpeg
This is “Tugboat”. He’s an English Bulldog. Age: 6 years. Tricks: Snores like a freight train and catches dog biscuits in mid air. Also sits on command. Tugboat was being kept in a hot Texas backyard where he would surely die of heat stroke. He had hot spots in his coat and was just mistreated. We offered the owners $1,000 to rescue him and they accepted. As suspected, Tugboat had heart worms. We had him treated and put him on a special diet. Vet was unsure he would make it. That was 4 years ago and he proved to be one tough dog. He is now a healthy, crazy member of our family and we love him so much!

I am probably entering late but I figured I’d throw my favorite boy in.

30FBCE0B-5504-41CB-82F6-1F9020C42BD7.jpeg

(Entering the adult tabby)

Name: Tigre

Color: Brown mackerel tabby with white socks, nose & thin white diamond between eyes.

Tricks: Fetch! Sticks & balls. His fav is a soft pink pom-pom (he’s confident in his masculinity)

Unique: Former feral that became a rescue. He inspired me to adopt 3 other cats, care for the rest of the feral colony, and to create a blog which funded the ferals for some time but now only creates donations for a local SPCA.

History: Kitten from a feral pair that promptly disappeared (reappeared with other littermates over half a year later - after winter). Basically his parents left him on my porch. Although Tigre was rescued, he had no health issues or reasons to be abandoned. He is my son now.

Personality: My sweetest, gentlest boy. He took a lot of time to adjust fully, has a few feral quirks, & prefers to roam on his own sometimes still. Although the largest, he is always so tolerant & genial (was great with kittens, pictures above). Tigre lays on my chest at night until I start drifting off then retreats under the bed like the tiny protector he knows he is. He’s such a loyal and loving boy who is wise beyond his years.

smaller Zoe.jpg
This is my puppy, Zoe. I got her from a rescue organization two and a half years ago and I couldn't love her more. She's my near constant companion. She goes to work with me every day and comes to most family events. She loves finding hide-y holes to to sleep in and soaking up the sun.

size: 11.5 lbs

breed: mutt (my guess is chihuahua pomeranian mix)

Last edited by a moderator:
End of entries. Review the 4 entries above as you slowly scroll up to the top. Then select your choice for PET OF THE MONTH in the poll. Fishforums.net thanks you for your participation.

PhoenixKingZ asked:“Is there a potm contest monthly?”

Potm will run every 2nd month. It will alternate with the newly revived fish of the month contest.

If you win potm, you cannot reenter that same pet in a future contest. Also, if you win potm, you cannot enter a different pet in the next potm but can enter a different pet in the contest after that.

If you do not win this potm contest, you are welcome to reenter the same pet in a future potm contest.

The tank of the month starts around the first of each and every month. Next one starts in a little over a week around june 1st.

Last edited:
That makes sense. :)

Really?!? There is a fish of the month contest? When is that? :)
Yes there will be a fish of the month contest every 2nd month. The first one will start around middle of june after totm voting for june is completed.

You will see a banner at top of forum whenever a new contest starts.

Last edited:
Thanks!! This has been fun seeing all of these people pets, and a little background information about said pets! :)

Next month, I'll put my little gal in there :)

June 15th we will start fish of the month contest. Next pet of month contest starts July 15th.

Tank of the month starts around the 1st of every month.

Cleaned up thread a bit for clarity.

Last edited:
Voting ends at 5 pm today. Last chance to vote.

In just a few days we will be starting the Tank of the Month contest. So get your tanks tidied up, take a good pic or video, and be ready to enter TOTM.

Last edited:
Voting has ended and we have a winner:
and the winner is Bettapuppy and her dog Zoe

please visit the following thread to congratulate her and her little doggie!!
https://www.fishforums.net/threads/winner-may-2019-pet-of-the-month-contest.452402/

Our Tank of the Month contest will be starting around June 1st...get your tank ready to enter it into the TOTM contest. Just take a pic or video of your tank and enter it in the contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back