Vote Now! October 2021 Tank of the Month Contest (17 to 30 Gal)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Vote Now for October 2021 Tank of the Month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
POLL IS NOW CLOSED!
Tank of the Month
:big_boss:
PLEASE VOTE!
We have 8 awesome tanks entered in Fishforums' October 2021 Tank of the Month contest featuring tanks sized at 17 to 30 gallons. View all the tanks and descriptions below and then go to top of this thread and click on your choice for TOTM and then click the "Cast" button.

It’s best to view these awesome tanks on a computer screen or a tablet instead of a small phone screen.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken. This is a public poll so source of votes can be viewed.

Winner will be awarded a neat "Tank of the Month Winner" banner in his profile area and will be featured in a "TOTM Winner" thread for all to see and to comment on. Winner will also be added to our TOTM WALL OF FAME

This poll will end on October 15th at 4:18 PM ET (US)

Please DO NOT post any comments about specific tanks in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. This thread will be cleaned up occasionally for best readability.

Last edited:

image.jpg

This is my 29 gallon aquarium(either that or 30) it contains 6
white skirt tetras, 5 Pygmy corydoras, 2 thick lipped gouramis and at least one assassin snail. I got this tank in a church sale about 5 years ago.I use a led light. My water is soft. I use a pen plax 1200 cascade filter
This is my 29 gallon aquarium(either that or 30) it contains 6 white skirt tetras, 5 Pygmy corydoras, 2 thick lipped gouramis and at least one assassin snail. I got this tank in a church sale about 5 years ago.I use a led light. My water is soft. I use a pen plax 1200 cascade filter

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_20210930_072115_resized_20210930_072149565.jpg

My 20g long.....semi darkness mangrove, fish are all waifs and strays (Rams, Danios, Digger the BN & a few Cories), water is Volvic bottled water and has been Volvic since the aquarium was set up a couple months after Phoenix Axolotl passed away aged two and a bit, so been running for a little over a year now without any hitches or glitches. Filtration is an Aquael Turbo 1000, lighting is an 8" Nicrew RGBMCR and heater is a JBL S Pro 100w. Substrate mixed black & white sand, all artificial planting & mangrove roots with real Mopani & Marimo's scattered tween here and there with resin rock hides at the back for fish security and sleep.

c2.jpg

This is my white 29 (I have a black 29 with different scaping). The aquarium has been setup for around 30 months so it is quite mature. I did change the substrate about 4 months ago due to some issues with the previous substrate. The stocking includes:
3 honglsoi (1m 2f)
1 nijjensi (female)
7 kuhli loaches (you can see the blur of one surfing on the right)
7 sterbai (2 are small; i think there are 2 or 3 female and the other males)
2 L204 (they are out growing the aquarium but when i purchased them they were around 2 inches)
1 L333 (he always hide the coconut shell; sometimes he'll stick his tail out and wag it at me)
6 red fin oto (not a recommended fish)
9 cardinal tetra (they were purchased for the 120 but were too small so growing them out a bit before moving them)
-
The photo lacks depth and the shutter was pretty slow (sad thing about using a phone is you can't control the settings); the leaves in bottom front which are a bit blur out are actually quite healthy well formed leaves of the Henkelianus. In the back left just right of the sponge filter we see the ulvaceus re-sprouting. They seem to go dormant relatively frequently and when you least expect it resprout. I occasionally put in a little fertilizer but not very often - maybe once a month a couple of squirts. Water changes are done twice a week at 50%.

29g Sep 30-2021 (1).jpg

Amazon Blackwater 29 gallon/110 liter. Established following my house move in May 2019 with some more recent fish additions. Not a strict biotope because of the plants. Water is not tinted, but otherwise is "blackwater" in terms of parameters, aquascape and fish species. Dark grey play sand, Malaysian Driftwood, oak branches, dried oak leaves. Tank is not as "bright" as photos make it, not a great mobile phone for photos.
GH 0
KH 0
pH below 6 (lowest test capability) probably in the 4-5 range.
Temperature 79F/26C
Water Change weekly, 50% [had to reduce volume due to increased additives by water authority).

Plants, Floating:
Ceratopteris cornuta (Water Sprite)
Salvinia minima

Plants, Lower:
Microsorum pteropus
Taxiphyllum barbieri
Anubias barteri
var. nana

Fish:
13 Paracheirodon simulans
8 Hyphessobrycon amandae
4 Nannostomus eques [last of a group acquired 7-8 years ago, will add more if I ever find them locally]
7 Corydoras pygmaeus [fry that hatched 3-4 years ago in another tank]
8 Carnegiella strigata, lineage 1 [phylogenetic analysis has revealed two monophyletic lineages within this species, with considerable genetic distance (10-12%) between them, making it probable that there are two distinct species within this complex (Schneider, et al, 2012; Abe, et al, 2013), and I was able to determine these are lineage 1]

Last edited:
4DF0322A-8F1C-423C-A270-D8E745F415D4.jpeg

Hello!
Here is my 30 gallon goldfish and platy tank. This was a second hand tank, so the fluorescent decor wasn’t my choice. I have some duckweed that I’m growing a little before I put it in, and I would eventually like to replace the blue plant with a real one.
The tank is a tall 30 gallon with a bow front, on a black stand that has a cabinet.

CURRENT STOCKING: One fancy orange goldfish (Pez), one fancy calico goldfish (Sunkiss), one red wag platy, (Merida), one black neon redtail platy, (Baloo), and one black racer nerite snail (Whiplash)
I know usually platies and goldfish don’t go together, but I have the tank at a comfortable temperature and I make sure they all get enough to eat. The goldfish also aren’t big enough to eat the platies.

PARAMETERS:
Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrites: 0 ppm
Nitrates: 10-20 ppm
Alkalinity: 140
Chlorine: 0 ppm
I do a 30% water change every two weeks or so, conditioned with Aquasafe. I almost never clean the glass despite the magnet cleaner you see, Whiplash does an amazing job all by himself!
I feed tropical pellets once , sometimes twice a day, with occasional blanched peas. I know they need more plant substance, which is why I’m growing more duckweed because I have a feeling they will just eat what I have currently lol!
(Edited to add my feeding regimen)
Hope you enjoy my tank as much as I do! ❤️

IMG_20211001_163159401_HDR~2.jpg

This is a 30 gallon bowfront aquarium. It's my first and only tank and it's about 3 years old now. I have 2 marineland HOB filters because I didn't trust one and I have two poopin' plecos so it works for me. Longterm I am ready to begin experimenting with more live plants, especially floating plants, and I would like a grey or black sand substrate. In the past I had success with moneywort and jungle val but currently I have a free floating anubias nana, a bamboo stalk, and a handful of java ferns scattered throughout the tank that are thriving wherever they take root - everything else is artificial right now.
Ammonia: 0
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates: 0
pH: 6.7
Temperature: 78
10 gallon water change weekly.

Fish in tank (fed once per day each day, algae wafers, shrimp pellets, flakes):
1 albino b.n. pleco
1 Columbian spotted pleco
3 neon tetras
2 black tetras
3 endlers guppies (edited to fix autocorrect)
1 platy
1 opaline gourami
3 gold barbs
1 yoyo loach

Last edited:
IMG_0419.jpg

30 gal cube. High tech planted.
Sunburst platys
Fish-
Neon Tetras
Ember Tetras
Corydoras sterbai
Amano shrimp
Neocardina shrimp

Plants-
Java Fern
Rotala Rotundifolia
Hemianthus Glomeratus
Monte Carlo
Duckweed (in a floating corral)
Staurogyne Repens

Eco Complete black substrate
Sun Sun canister filter
Nicrew LED lighting (8 hrs a day)

50% weekly WC
Dosed with Excel and basic ferts

This tank was started in July of 2020.

\

20211005_111259.jpg

This is my 65L (17.1712 US Gallons). I have had this tank for 21 months but these fish have only been in it for 9 months. The fish include 1 Bristlenose Pleco (Named James Pond), Seven neon tetras (soon to be more) and 1 mystery snail. (The picture with the sign is in my attachments at the bottom of the post).

The plants include:
Anubias barteri
Amazon Frogbit
Java moss
some crypts (I am not sure which type, as they do not look like the ones I was sold which was Cryptocoryne Wendtii Gecko)

Each week I:
do a 50% water change
Add stress zyme
add dechlorinate
add quick start
and flourish

The Fish are fed:
tropical fish flakes (each day) and for some reason the neon tetras enjoy (and prefer) algae wafers
The algae wafers are fed every 2nd night to the BN (Bristlenose pleco)
In between the different algae wafer feeding the BN is feed some cucumber.

The parameters are:
0 nitrite
0-5 nitrate
0 ammonia
7.0 PH

Filter and equipment:
The heater is a aqua one 100w glass aquarium heater and keeps the water at around 20.c - 24.c (75.2.f).
The tank has 3 filters (Only 1 is on at a time). Including: Aqua one clearview 280, Aqua Clear 20 and a Seachem 75 tidal filter.
The lighting is a aqua one horizon 65 light (That comes with the tank) and is on 9-10 hours a day.

End of Entries:
Please slowly scroll up as your review the 8 entries and then click on your choice and click the cast button in the poll at the top of this thread.
Thanks to everyone who participated in this Tank of the Month contest.

Our Fish of the Month contest will be accepting entries in the middle of this month. This month will feature Betta Fish. If you have a Betta in your tank, consider entering it in the FOTM contest.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back