Vote Now!..October 2020 Fish of the Month contest (Bettas)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Vote Now for October 2020 Fish of the Month (Betta)

• Willow06

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Barry Tetra

Votes: 22 11.4%
  • xxamyxx85

Votes: 40 20.7%
  • ThatFishGirl6231

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • PheonixKingZ

Votes: 63 32.6%
  • FishBearer9845

• heatherpooreks

• Rhianne

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Jennjenn22

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Tez_20

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • coruylover5

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • Fishmanic

Votes: 6 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Battle of the Bettas
:big_boss:
PLEASE VOTE!
We have 12 gorgeous Betta fish entered into the October 2020 Fish of the Month Contest. View all the entries and descriptions below and then go to the top of page--click on your choice for FOTM and then click the "cast" button.

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific entry in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. Preferably no posts should be made in this voting topic.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken.

The winner is awarded a neat banner in his profile area and will be featured in a "fotm winner" thread for all to see and to comment.

Poll will close on October 30th at 4:41 PM EST.

Good luck to our entrants in the Fish of the Month contest. We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation.

Last edited:
20201015_145551.jpg

Name: Blu
Specie: Veiltail Betta
Tank mates: Normally lives in my main community tank with platies, kuhli loaches, royal whiptail, pleco and many baby fish...but is in smaller tank at the moment because he is breeding with Sushi, my female Betta (you can see her in the background)
Tank size: 215L
Traits: He swims up to the glass every morning and will eat bloodworms out of my hands
Feedings: He gets fed 2 times a day, with a mix of bloodworms, or flakes or betta pellets
Colouring:He is a blue and teal and red Betta

Last edited by a moderator:
75BB8D4E-2F37-4257-A36F-44BE30983C31.jpeg

Hi everyone, this is my betta his name is Thai as he look like an expensive Thai flag betta, he is smart and always nip my fingers when I do a water changes
He is currently in 2 gal breeding tank with nerite snails right now, hopefully we will get the fry soon!

Also this is my photography skill, not as bad as I thought it would be.

Thanks for reading!

BA0E51FA-EDEB-40CC-997D-0A6416623205.png

Godzilla the Black Orchid Crowntail Betta

Tank: 10 gallons (all to himself)
Feeding:
Hikari Betta bio-gold pellets twice a day
Live mosquito larvae
Frozen bloodworms once or twice a week
Live glassworms occasionally

This is ‘Zilla’ he’s been part of the family since may 16th and was originally in a 20L tank. he is around 6 months old and I’ve had him since he was 6 weeks old. He is very feisty and has a serious attitude. He puffs himself out and patrols his tank, guarding his bubble nest - it’s so funny to watch, and very cute. He has a little bonsai tree which for some reason he’s taken a liking to and will literally do circles around one of the branches (I think he’s showing off). Depending on his mood he will either rush to the front of the tank, wagging his tail when he sees me coming, or he’ll rush to the front and flare at me, I dread to think what he’s calling me!! I always back off when he flares at me so he thinks I’m scared and you can see after he’s all like ‘YEEEAAAHHH....Who’s the daddy!!

I think he is absolutely beautiful, and I love his personality. He always makes me smile and I’m very proud to be his mummy.

Thank you for reading and good luck to everyone, I’m sure this will be a very interesting competition and I can’t wait to see all of the beautiful bettas.

C9160A18-FED3-4ED6-92EF-F540937F28CF.jpeg

Hello everyone! This is Marvel the betta. He is named after the Marvel super heroes and the fact that he is just absolutely marvelous!
He is a red/blue veil tail male betta. I got him in July (without permission). At first I got in trouble but my parents love him now.
Normally his tank isn’t so bright but I turned on the light for the pictures.

Tank size: 5 U.S. gallons

Water temp: 77 degrees Fahrenheit

Decor: two caves, one hollow treasure chest, three artificial plants, black background

Fish: only him

Tricks: He can go through hoop, jump 1.5 cm, eat from my hand, and follow finger

Food: Betta Bio-Gold pellets and tropical flakes. he gets bloodworms when I’m training him.

I don’t know his exact age but I think he’s around a year old. Thank you everybody and good luck to the other bettas!

FOTM.JPG

Meet Ace! (profile picture)

Species: Betta splendens ("HellBoy")

Tank size: 10 gallons

Tank mates: No fish. 2-3 cherry shrimp and some snails. (The cherry shrimp have plenty of plants to hide, don't worry... :))

Feeding: Omega One Betta Buffet along with some Fluval Bug Bites, 5 days a week - 2 days of fasting

Special Traits: Very energetic. Swims along the side of the tank when I enter my room to greet me. Can follow my fingers along the side of the tank. He will also, from time to time, swim into my cupped hand.

He is named "Ace", for his spade-like tail.

He likes to swim in and about his anacharis and loves the new leaf litter.

Thank you for viewing Ace, and good luck to all other contestants! :fish: :thanks:

Hey guys
This is ‘Boo Boo’
3EA1C63B-AD5D-4BB3-8CA6-5D32FF2EF3FD.png

He’s a pineapple plakat betta. I named him Boo Boo as he is actually blind in his other eye. He had popeye when he arrived at the LFS and the shop quarantined him and nursed him back to health. I saw him and instantly had to have him. I was in the lucky position I could stuff some additional filter material in my already existing tank for a couple weeks as the shop let me reserve him. His tank parameters have been fine and he is flourishing
He hates water changes and flares up at the suction tube, and swims around and close to my hand. He’s a fiery fellow
He is in a Superfish Cubiq 30L by himself other than a few hijacker bladder snails.
His favourite food is frozen brine shrimp but he doesn’t have this all the time. I flit between aquarium flakes, bloodworms, brine shrimp and floating betta pellets.
he receives a 50-75% change every week in his tank.

Last edited:
20201008_191015.jpg

Maximus, age 4 weeks.
Tank Info: 5gal with Caribbean sand over gravel.
Plants and Decor: live fern, frogbite and moss ball with bonsai driftwood. Purple silk plant and betta dojo house.
Water: Ph 7.0, Amonnia 0, all nitrates 0
Additional info: No tank mates, water changes 1/3 weekly.

7960BCD9-020D-4EED-B397-CF146E084BFB.jpeg
This is Bobby. He lives in my 50l tank along with 10 neon tetra and 2 cherry shrimp some marimo moss balls and java fern.

Bobby is not a natural model and I have spent most of my morning trying to photograph him as he enjoys hiding behind the plants to see what food has got stuck there.

He enjoys eating bloodworm and daphnia and swimming under the driftwood.

Sunny (Koi Betta)

Sunny koi betta.jpg

Gender - Male
Breed - Koi Betta
Age - Young
Tank - 5 Gallon Hexagon with Silk plants, smooth gravel, smooth cave & top filter system.
Food - Hikari Bio-Gold pellets & Betta Larva Sticks and fed twice daily.

His nature is beautiful and real friendly and just loves the tank and sleeps on the silk leaves.

20201020_091638~2.jpg
This is Smaragdi (which means Emerald in Latin), my male Butterfly Betta. He lives in a 10 gallon planted tank with spider wood, river stones, lots of plants, and his 2 Nerite snail friends. He is fed Omega One Betta Buffet pellets once daily, Fluval Bug Bites twice weekly, and frozen bloodworms once weekly. He is very friendly and swims to the front of his tank when someone enters the room. He also enjoys relaxing in his jungle of Water Wisteria. Thanks for looking!

45AD3348-9DDE-44FA-A36C-FB57F463693E.jpeg

This is my red and white double tailed dragon scale Betta named Marley (named after Bob Marley). His home is a well planted 5 gallon tank which has a sponge filter and Tetra brand heater.

Marley gets fed 5 North Fin Betta pellets per day and occasionally gets fed freeze dried bloodworms.

Marley sleeps in a colorful Tiki Head ornament and hangs out on top of an upturned wine glass that has an Anubias plant on top of it.

Marley likes to watch Fish Videos on youtube. He also enjoys listening to Reggae music by Bob Marley.

Marley told me to wish everyone good luck in the contest.

Last edited:
END OF ENTRIES
Please slowly scroll up as you review the 12 gorgeous Bettas and then cast your vote at the top of the thread. Good luck to all entrants.

Next up in our TFF contest trilogy will be our Tank of the Month contest. For November, we will feature tanks sized at 31 Gallons and larger. If you own a tank of that size, we hope you will enter the contest. Entry period starts on November 1st, so get your tanks ready!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back