TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator āš’ļø
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Reaction score
POTM
:big_boss:
PLEASE VOTE NOW
We have 12 very pampered pets entered into November 2020 Pet of the Month Contest. View all the pets and descriptions below and then go to top of page and click on your choice for POTM and then click the "cast" button.

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific pet in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken.

Poll will close on November 27th at 3:39 AM EST.
Thread will periodically be cleaned up for readability.
We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation

Last edited:
Hi everyone
Iā€™d like to introduce to someone very special in my life ā€“ ā€˜Trevorā€™
A02E021C-718F-4178-9505-BE3407293D90.jpeg

Heā€™s 4 months old and a Shar Pei cross Neapolitan Bull Mastiff.

I was released from prison in March of this year, it was the lowest point of my life but I vowed from the day of release to improve myself and help others around me.

Trevor was in a local dog rehoming pound and after spending 30 months locked up myself , when I saw him I think we both understood how much he wanted to get away from his little cage.

I took him home the next day and from that morning weā€™ve become very close. Iā€™m not afraid or embarrassed to say he is my best friend.

Whenever I feel down or Iā€™m struggling to deal with things he makes it better just by being next to me.

Now a bit about his ā€˜Royal Furrinessā€™.
  • He likes short walks in the park and making friends with the local pigeons.
  • His favourite food is anything his dad is eating
  • His favourite activity is having his hourly cuddle and curling up to sleep at night next to me
  • His most annoying activity is trying to kick me out of bed at 3am
  • His current goal in life is to continue digging his hole in the garden to see where it ends up
  • His damage total to date is: 1 pair of slippers, 1 pair of Nike Air, 1 lounge carpet,2 USB cables and 2 propellors from my drone.

At times when Iā€™m struggling with various ā€˜demonsā€™ and literally cant get out of bed, rather than being like a normal dog and pestering me till he gets his walk or food - he just jumps onto the bed and sits with me, being complely selfless until I can get up.

I love spending time with him and people give me strange looks when they walk past and Iā€™m chatting away to him, Iā€™d spend my last penny on him if he needed something and I know that heā€˜d do the same for me.

Iā€™ve had lots of pets over the years but ā€˜Trevorā€™ is more than that, we go on fun days out together, solve mysteries and prevent crime - I only hope that I make him as happy as he makes me.

Thanks for reading

James and Trev

Last edited by a moderator:
6C27807A-2184-46CA-BAF5-C587E882E8E5.jpeg

Thereā€™s an extra pic only because I canā€™t choose which one is cuter :)
This is my sweet girl Ester who is 16 years young. She is a tabby cat, donā€™t know too much about her since we rescued her.

She was originally our neighbors cat that let her outside. I was around 8 years old when she would come in our backyard to play with me. About a year later, our neighbors moved leaving her behind. One night it was raining and we heard meowing outside and it was her. My family promptly adopted her. She took a special liking to me and hasnā€™t left my side since. She loves to sleep with me, do homework with me, eat my hair, sit on the toilet and howl at me while I shower, and nap anywhere Iā€™m at. My favorite trait of hers is when I am sad or upset or in pain, she will come cuddle up to me and purr. Sheā€™ll occasionally rub my face with hers when I cry as if sheā€™s trying to wipe my tears off my face. Sheā€™s helped me through so much in life and is my best friend. A few months ago she almost passed due to an anal gland rupture and went through emergency surgery which she had a 25% chance of living through because of her age. She made it and I am even more grateful for her presence in my life.

Iā€™m now 20 years old and canā€™t imagine my life without my baby ā¤

B4005A03-2DCD-4913-AE19-BA17FC164CCB.jpeg

This is tiger also know as tigs, tiggy, tiggeroo and the ginger one. She is a very old lady now, 18 in human years (88 cat years), she still looks like a kitten though. Sheā€™s a full female ginger which we were told by the vet is very rare. She had greeny gold eyes which have turned a deep golden colour as she has gotten older.

I have known her since she was a born, she was originally my family pet growing up but came to live with me 5 years ago. She is one of a kind and very special. She is very territorial and used to chase foxes out of the garden... yes, foxes!! Most nights she would bring in mice, birds and rats, some of the rats were huge from the park behind our house. One night it was a record...6 injured animals, It became a complete nuisance chasing animals around the house all night to either release them or have to put them out their misery. Surprisingly she is very affectionate with humans and loves my kids, she will cuddle whenever it is offered and is very gentle, I have never been scratched by her, she just gently pats you with her paws.
As she is so old now Ive had to adapt areas of my home with cat steps, hammocks and shelving to make life easy for her. Sheā€™s a noisy, smelly cat too, the song smelly cat from friends Iā€™m sure was made for her, she never washes herself EVER but wants to wash me and random things like the wall or dining table and will often leave her tongue hanging out. Her meow is something else.... more of a wailing noise but she will talk away if you talk back to her. She loves prawns, tuna, raw chicken and is partial to a curry, marmite on toast or crisps, she does get wet and dry cat food daily of course. She once helped herself to a whole raw chicken on the kitchen side, I was not pleased to say the least, no Sunday roast for me! I think her most favourite thing is when it rains she will go outside, get soaking wet and then come in and wail for a towel, I wrap her like a baby and she will happily lay in my arms for as long as I allow, as soon as I put her down she goes back outside to get soaked again and repeat the process! She also loves a handbag which means I end up with a ginger fur lining to most of my bags. I could honestly talk about her forever and the crazy things she has done, I have so many memories and to be honest Iā€™m sure I have many more years and memories to share with her, she really is amazing for her age. Thank you so much for reading.

IMG_20200902_091342.jpg

My pet is a ball python her name is Lucy she a pastle spider morph and she a really good snake I like to watch YouTube with and I really enjoy her she like to cuddle with or just chill she is very calm and inquisitive and yeah she's the best pet I can get also she will live to 48 years old!

Papaya fave. pic 10:13:20.jpg

This is Papaya, my frizzled Cochin bantam cockerel. He is a little over 5 months old, and I've had him since he was just one day old.
There is a huge misconception that roosters are mean, but most of the time that is absolutely not true. Papaya is a perfect example of how sweet a rooster can be. He loves to cuddle and be held. He will sit with me for over twenty minutes at a time, never trying to run away. When I hold him to my chest, he tucks his head under my chin and closes his eyes.
His crow is the cutest, funniest thing. Because he's a bantam, his crow isn't nearly as loud as a big rooster's.
Papaya loves to show off to his ladies. He trots around with his head high in the air and his chest puffed out. He thinks he's so strong and macho. In his mind, he is a big man, despite the fact that he can comfortably perch on my fingers.
Papaya is just the sweetest, funniest little chicken. Every time I look at him, it brings a smile to my face. He makes me so happy every day, and I love him very much.
Thanks for reading!

20170326_150654.jpg

Hello everyone,this is Matilda. She will be 5 yrs old on 11/23.
We got her as a puppy when my husband was sick and I was working full time and going to nursing school. Matilda was his therapy dog.
Shes a picky eater. She eats grain free dog food from Costco with the wet dog food. If she doesn't have her wet food,she will make sure that you know that you missed it. She will growl and bark until you put the wet food in there. She sleeps on the bed while we sleep on the corners and she hogs up all the blankets. As you can see, she loves car rides. Shes always happy. Oh and she protects her family.
Hope you enjoyed Matilda.

IMG_20201114_210332.jpg

This is Edie. She's an 8 week old puppy, she is half pug, a quarter wire haired dachshund and a quarter poodle which has all added up to produce a miniature labrador like puppy.
We have only just gotten her so she knows no tricks for the moment apart from sounding like an alarm clock in the morning when she wants you to let her out to play, I've never heard a dog trill quite like it. She also moves far too much for an awake photo. She does a very good impression of a piranha particularly on toes.
Edie lives with our two other dogs, Pippin a 9 year old pug x Chinese crested and Tiana, a nearly 2 year old chihuahua. We've bought Edie because we are going to lose Pippin at some point in the next few months as he has advanced cancer. Edie has been bought to be a new friend for Tiana to bond with so when we lose Pippin she won't be by herself and Edie also gives her someone to play with as Pippin gets sicker.
We have a tradition of naming dogs after characters from TV and films so Edie is named after Edie Pegden from last of the summer wine, it was either that or Marina and I didn't think I'd ever be able to say her name without going, "oh marina."
Edie wanted to help hold her note so if it's not clear enough then I will try and get another.

oscar1.jpg

This is Oscar, a British blue lilac and he is just over one year old.

He is a very affectionate cat, on his own terms. During the day he likes to sit across keyboards and meow to be played with, every now and then he likes to have a little stroke but then it's straight back to playing with a bit of leaf going past the window, he distracts very easily. *SQUIRREL*

During the night his favorite place to sleep is on my partners head, she is rudely awakened most nights to a meow, followed by a snuggle and cuddle in her arms, and then Oscar pretty much kicking her off her pillow and snoozing, I often wake up with her on my pillow and Oscar stretched out on hers.

When we first got him, his love for water came quickly apparent, from jumping into showers with us, sleeping in sinks, and rushing to any running tap to drink, as his grown-up his love has also grown, and now water changes on the tank are his favourite activity. He will jump up and watch me take out the water, run, and follow me to the bathroom and supervise over me as I get rid of the water and refill buckets. When my back is turned he does attempt to climb in, maybe he thinks he is a furry fish?

So, this is Oscar, he's a little high maintenance but then again, aren't we all a little bit?

Bonnie Kitty on the floor.jpg

Here is the picture and Bonnie says, "Eat your heart out boys, you can't touch this."
Introducing her Royal Cuteness Bonnie Kitty for TFF POTM 11-2020.
Bonnie is still a kitten, I brought her and her brother Logan home back in February. But sadly we lost Logon to some stray dogs.

4F7E895B-B70D-4049-BC35-D1F9113D9FCD.jpeg

This is Grace! She is around 6 years old, she was found as a very tiny puppy on the streets by a neighbor and they took her in but because a family member was allergic she sadly lived outside. She would always escape and come to our house where I would bathe her and let her in to play. After constantly asking they finally let me have her! Lol she was such a small puppy! My husband and I will never forget how excited she was to be living inside, she was sleeping a lot and would always fall asleep sitting up.. :) 6 years later she now has 2 kid siblings to play with and they absolutely love her. She is a very spoiled mutt and the best cuddle bug and playmate.

8FA7D947-1D2A-4400-9D7B-E46D617E9A6B_1_105_c.jpeg

This is my Australian Green Tree Frog. Her name is Gabi.
I named her after the crazy pink frog in the movie Rio.
Her hatch date is the 17th of October 2019 so she's just over a year old.
I got her from a breeder last year when she was just a few weeks old.
She is extremely food motivated. She eats crickets and woodies.
Her enclosure is completely bioactive.
She is also very needy. If you pick her up it's hard to put her down again because she will just keep grabbing into you.
As my first amphibian, she will always hold a special place in my heart :wub:

End of entries:
Please slowly scroll up as you review the 12 entries and then cast your vote in the poll at the top of this thread. Thanks for participating in our Pet of the Month contest.

Our next contest will be the Tank of the Month contest. The entry period will start at the end of November. This contest will feature tanks sized at 16 US gallons and smaller. If you have a tank of that size, we hope you will enter it in the contest.

Our Fish of the Month contest resumes in mid December. Get those fish pics ready.

It's best not to comment about any specific entry in this polling thread.

Last edited:
We just started the enty period for Tank of the Month. The contest will feature tanks sized at 16 US gallons and smaller. If you have a tank of that size, consider entering the TOTM contest. To enter, go to the following link.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back