TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
POTM
:big_boss:
PLEASE VOTE NOW
We have 10 handsome pets entered into the May 2020 Pet of the Month Contest. View all the pets and descriptions below and then go to top of page and click on your choice for POTM and then click the "cast" button.

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific pet in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken.

Poll will close on Tuesday May 26th at 8:17 PM EST.
Thread will periodically be cleaned up for readability.
We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation

Last edited:
IMG_20200515_160835_891.jpg

This is Milly. Apologies about her nails, I try my best to keep on top of them but she hates her feet being touched. :rolleyes:

She's a 9 year old Jack Russel cross Whippet, aka lurcher. She's been with me since she was about a year old, after someone witnessed a pair of thugs beating her up. :( :crazy:

She had none of her basic training, so I had to start from scratch, from house training and leash training to Find My Keys/Socks/Gloves. In fact, that's how I got the pic of her with the POTM card - she saw something in front of her and knew there was a chance of a treat if she targeted it with her paw. She also knows Spin, Other Way, Touch (nose to Palm), Paw, Other Paw, Follow Me, Leave it/OK, Go Get it, Find It, Back (walk backwards) Follow me (I walk backwards, Milly forward), Circle (around me). Up and Peek-a-boo.

Milly's a massive foodie. She'll sell her soul for the tiniest morsel. I have a baby gate on the kitchen door because otherwise she'll be in there, counter surfing and helping herself to a whole load of bread, or anything else she can get her teeth into.

She loves sprinting the length of the living room, and playing a game of Fetch with me. Her idea of Fetch, that is. Not mine. More often than not, it's me who has to go and fetch the ball/toy. :blink: I'm daft enough to give in to her, too. :grr:.

She can annoy the living crap out of me, but the thought of being apart from her, or her "sister" Honey, just leaves me feeling completely empty. They're my girls. And Milly's my eldest. :wub::wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
My entry!

received_10154557664388406.jpeg

This scruffbutt is Dallas. She is a 10 year old cockatiel that ive had since she was a little baby. Lately shes just been in a perpetual molt, but shes still my adorable baby.

She lives with another cockatiel of the same age who we have had just as long. Hes not so sweet as she is though. Together they live in a 6 foot cage, free reign of the living room when the cats are locked away.

I grew up wanting a pet bird but never being allowed one. She was a gift to me when i left home by my husband.

She eats zupreem pellets, seed, veggies, fresh herbs, flowers, nuts, and the odd treat of cheese and chicken.

She is very gentle, even with small children. Begs everyone to pet her and she snuggles right up against your cheek. But watch your earrings, she is known to steal them away!

She enjoys sunshine outside (harness or travel cage) and loves flying loops around the house. Shes the best bird ever and i love her to pieces. Hoping for many more years with this fluffbutt. Shame for my allergies, as i learned that i am allergic to them!

FF835B76-571E-40C3-8727-BB2B39983654.jpeg

This is my almost 6 week old Rouen duck! His name is Knox and he has a sibling named Louis. We got them from tractor supply on April 11. They have been in the brooder for about 5 weeks now which is when they are kept in a tub with a heat lamp to imitate their mother’s heat. Today is their first day being outside all day! We will still keep them inside during the night but they can go outside during the day when it is warm. The sex is unknown but I think it may be a male. Their habitat is a 6x6 pen outside. They love to play around in the kiddie pool. They eat flock starter food and some treats every day. Their favorite treat is freeze dried mealworms. The other treat they get is cracked corn. They cry if you leave them in an area where they can’t see you. They love to follow you everywhere and they will even climb stairs that are as tall as them. They used to fit in the palm of my hand but they grown 5 times the size of when we’ve had them. Ducks may be considered wild animals but they make great pets! They are so curious and they peck at everything because they don’t have hands. He tried to eat the sticky note so that’s why I’m holding it lol.

5F61901D-EFC5-4587-883A-453BEF3D0CCB.jpeg

This is Jerry, he's a 4 year old kitty.
When Jerry was about 1 year old, he was thrown out of his actual home in Ukraine and he was hit by a car, badly injured and he had to get stitches in his
left leg. He was rescued by a woman and then he was transfered to Poland where he had to get his passport and from where he was transfered to me, to UK where he currently lives. He's got now a very loving family with a 'sister' that is my another rescue kitty with three legs, me and my mom.
He's a very lovely cat, very cute and when he wants to be fed he literally says 'Yum yum!' and will also force someone to feed him by meowing to window.
In the evenings he will chase his little sister around and play fight all the time.
He will eat chicken with tuna and other kinds of fish, he won't eat anyhting else! His little sister will also refuse to eat anything that he refuses to eat too!
When sleeping, he comes on the couch and will wrap himself in his blue blanket (on photos). He's a true little cute kitty.

thumbnail_20200307_115838.jpg

This is Geoffrey. He is a two-year-old (27 in human years :p ) pure breed Mini-Lop, the only thing is he isn't very mini. He lives in a large cage by himself, but my other rabbits are within sight, so he doesn’t get lonely. He eats pellets, grass, lots of greens and the occasional treat. I don’t know if this is a trait, but he has a split face so one half is black fur and the other half is mixed. He goes for runs on a harness everyday but on the weekends when my brother MTB (mountain biking) or jumps in our paddock Geoffrey will run around with no harness and clamber on all the jumps but always will hop off when he knows that the bikes are coming over the jumps. Even though he is big and curious he will always know when to calm down, like if I have had a bad day or if a kid is holding him. He is known for giving everyone he meets a tongue bath and he makes sure that if you walk away, he will follow you and carry on cleaning you. He has a girlfriend (no he is not neutered) and she is called Storm (she is the gray one). I am a massive softy for him and most of the time I let him go wherever he wants. I brought him online and when we went to pick him up, there was rows of cages all the same with no grass and hay and all their water bowls were empty. The lady told me that he wasn’t very friendly and picked him up by his ears, she then proceeded to tell me he was the only rabbit in his own cage with no other rabbits because she didn’t like him and wanted him to have a miserable life.

20200516_164226.jpg

This is my service dog Jake. He is a Great pyrenees labrador. Hes 4 years old. We have had him since he was 15 months old. He weighs 115 pounds. He has helped me through so much and I dont know what I would do without him. He loves walks but has extra bone growth on his spine so it hurts him. Always a mistake when we say the "w" word.
He looks away when we tell him to "look away" we think his previous owner taught him that and we didnt even know he could until about a month ago.

For some hilarious reason he gets excited when we say "relief" and jumps up and down. He loves his grandma and when she visits he starts barking and talking to her.

He loves to wrestle with both my dad and I.

Thanks for looking!

1589679671050.png

This is Kapano! His name originally is Kapono meaning the righteous one in Hawaii. His birthday is April 2 and hes 2 years old. He is embark dna tested so hes 50% belgian malinois 25% bluetick coonhound and 25% treeingwalker coonhound. Lets just say both parents were akc registered but the neighbors dog jumped the fence lol! He many have an "angel face" as literally everyone calls him, but looks can be deceiving. Hes extremely high drive and has a high prey drive, he just does not stop keeping you on your toes. He does weight pulling, agility, bikejoring and looking to get him into flyball. Kapano came into my life at a really great time as i am suicidal and have sever depression. I almost gave up on him because of how bad he was when i got him but i worked with him every day which kept me out of a bad mindset. I can officially say hes my best friend and would do anything for him because if it wasnt for him id have no one and i would not be here. I hope you love him as much as i do!

RSCN5307.JPG

dscn5310_li-jpg.104381

This is Sheldon Karen Snail. Why? Sheldon because it's a snail, and Karen because no one likes Karen :p .
I found this little bugger about two months ago at 2 in the morning, and when I say I was shocked, I was shocked. Nasty. But I kept him, and we made a pact that she wouldn't have any babies and I would be merciful. Someone broke their promise (not me), and now we have an issue. Habitat? Oh, it lives with my betta. I feed it the leftover betta food, but otherwise nothing, because no food=no babies. Unusual traits about this....hmmmm….the fact that the betta hasn't eaten it's offspring. The betta probably thinks the baby snails are revolting, you know, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Tricks that Sheldon knows, well he knows how to be a backstabbing promise-breaker and he knows how to get under my skin.

I hope you enjoyed my entry, and Sheldon sends you his best wishes. :) :p ;)

F197CD41-4D80-4509-AC75-CF1DFA598D9F.jpeg

Hello TFF, this is my neighbor’s cat name Nong (Thai names mean child) that live with me for about 8 years, she have a duck as a friends. She hate snakes, rats (she always jump up the chair when see them) she never do anything, sleep and eat all day and yeah hopes you likes her :)

End of Entries...please slowly scroll up as you review the 10 entries and then cast your vote in the poll at the top of this thread.. Thanks for participating in our Pet of the Month Contest!

The next contest is for Tank of the Month and it starts on June 1st. For June's contest, we will feature Nano tanks sized at 16 US gallons (60 litres) or smaller. If you have a tank of that size, we hope you will enter your tank in the June TOTM contest. Our contests are all about fun and showing off your tanks, pets or fish. It's not whether you win or lose, it's that you participate in our contests by entering and/or voting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back