🐠 TOTM Vote Now! - March 2023 Tank of the Month Contest (16 gallon & smaller)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Vote Now - March 2023 Tank of the Month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
tankofthemonth-img.jpg
'
POLL IS NOW CLOSED
:big_boss:
PLEASE VOTE!
We have 6 awesome tanks entered in Fishforums' March 2023 Tank of the Month contest featuring tanks sized at 16 US gallons and smaller. View all the tanks and descriptions below and then go to poll at the top of this thread, click on your choice for TOTM, and then click the "Cast" button.

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific entry in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. You are not allowed to update your entry picture or video once voting has started.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken. You are not allowed to have friends or family join TFF for the main purpose of voting for you. This is a public poll so source of votes can be viewed.

Winner will be awarded a neat "Tank of the Month Winner" banner in his profile area and will be featured in a "TOTM Winner" thread for all to see and to comment on. Winner will also be added to our TOTM WALL OF FAME

You are allowed to change your vote if you wish.
This poll will end on March 14th at 4 PM ET (US)

Last edited:
IMG_0648-2.jpg

This is my 10g Walstad Style Tank.
The tank is 36 days old at the time of writing this.
Flora:
Temple Plant(front middle, front right and front left.
Bocapa
Ludwegia Repens
Hornwort(center)
Pygmy Chain Swords(front carpet)
Ricciocarpos natans(floating)

Fauna:
2 Amano Shrimp
8 Red Cherry Shrimp
1 Nerite Snail
Countless Pest Snails
(I plan to add 6 sparking gourami soon)

Substrate:
Quikrete Pool Filter Sand
Miracle Grow Organic Potting Soil

Fertilizer:
No fertilizer is added to this aquarium.

The only equipment on this tank is a 50w heater. It's hidden behind all the plants. There is no filter.
I can't wait to see where this tank goes in the future!
I am documenting this tank's setup and monthly progress on my youtube channel. You can check that out here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Click on video​
Here's my 6 gallon aquarium, house of my sp. Jade pair. No ferts, no light, low maintenance blackwater tank. Nothing special about it really, other than the inhabitants of course, who are true gems💎 . I also have a few Ramshorns there as a clean up crew. I love this tank very much and I can get lost staring at it for hours...❤️
Temp is 76 degrees F, and Ph is 6.

And here's some info on sp. Jade, just because :):

Βetta sp. Jade is a newly discovered species from the Coccina Complex which has yet to be published and named officially by scientists. They are Bubble-nesters, which means that create a nest of bubbles to lay their eggs in and raise, similar to that of their popular cousin, the domesticated Betta Splendens. They are a rather outgoing species, and won't mind your presence as long as you don't make loud noises. Betta sp. Jade is one of the smallest Betta species, with adult size of approximately 2.5cm. They come from peat swamps in Jambi, Sumatra. The water is stained with tannins from peat and leaf litter, and the pH can be as low as 4-5.
The ideal water parameters for Betta sp. Jade are:
TDS: 60 - 100
pH: 4.5-6.0
Temperature : 75-82ºF

028B481F-1C64-4B6F-A764-A54277E6AA46.jpeg

This is my 5 gallon tank housing one neon tetra and one amano shrimp.
Back story:
My 35 gallon hex tank that housed 5 black skirt tetra, 2 neon tetras, and one BN Pleco sprung a leak. I moved all the fish over to my 29 gallon tiger barb tank. All fish were fine except for the neons..the tiger barbs started chasing them around the tank.
To prevent the neons becoming the Tiger Barb's lunch, I moved them to a plastic tote till I could decide what to do with them. Heater failed a day later and water temp dropped to 60 degrees. One neon died.
I had this spare 5 gallon tank so I cleaned it up, put in some gravel, and moved the only surviving neon into the tank. I added one Amano shrimp. The neon is like the energizer bunny- he keeps going and going and going...nothing can kill it. It has survived heater failure, ich, being attacked by a group of tiger barbs, and being moved several times, and more.

I haven't added any more neons as my water is on the hard side. Neons prefer slightly acidic water. I considered using some distilled water to soften the water if I decide to add 2 or 3 more neons. But tank is really too small for a larger group of neons. A 10 gallon or larger tank would be more appropriate for a group of neons.

Plants are mainly Anubias and Java Moss. Heater is a 50 watt fully adjustable one. Filtration is via an air pump operated. sponge filter.

Last edited:
IMG-6371.jpg

Here is my 5gal Betta tank!
Stocking:
- 1 Veiltale betta (Bleu)
Plants:
- 2 Anubias Frazeri (seen on wooden structure)
---
This is an established tank that i've had for around 2.5 months now. It sits on my bedside table, and I absolutely love it to pieces.
I'm planning on stocking it with more plants soon, perhaps some java fern, christmas moss, and anubias petite.
Water params are 0 nitrite/nitrate/chlorine/ammonia, 25 GH (ppm), and 8.0 PH.
Sand substrate, fake wood center piece, and for now silk plants as a backdrop.
I use a Betta BF 5 filter, and a 25watt heater.
--
I hope you love my tank as much as I do!

IMG_4745.jpg

Oddly enough, this is/was my quarantine tank and has somehow become solitary confinement for a sole Polar blue convict cichlids (Amatitlania siquia), 3 spotted corydoras and a LOT of ramshorn snails trying to keep pace to feed my pea puffer in another tank. I've really enjoyed how this little tank has blossomed with all of the plant life, everything in the tank is real, no fake plants, rocks or wood.

The specs as best as I know/remember:

- 10 gallon Top Fin Glass Tank
- AquaClear 20 HOB Filter (overkill but I like the added biofilter space)
- Aqueon 100W mini heater
- Fluval Aquasky 380mm Plant Aquarium Light
- Airstone
- Lot's o' spiderwood
- Lot's o' plants I don't remember the names of...but that banana plant is amazing and taking things over

0FA46BBE-74FD-48D1-8278-D448FB5E3DA9.jpeg

New fish owner here. I have a 10 gal tank. It’s been set up since mid January. I have 3 Creamsicle Mollies and 1 Nerite snail.
My plants are Java Fern, Lobelia Cardinal, Cabomba Caroliniana, Moneywort & Crypt Parva.
The logs are resin, the bottom is black sand and Fluval Bio Stratum.
My aquarium and filter are Aqueon - quiet flow 10, and there is a bubbler on the side.
Nicrew Sky LED plus light
50 watt heater.
I just bought root tabs and liquid fertilizer.

Last edited:
TFF_TOTM_March2023_1.jpg
Here's my 10 gallon.

3 zebra danio
5 emerald green cory
2 assasin snails
2 bladder snails

I used this tank to birth 5 golddust lyrtail molly this past summer. They were moved to my 55 GAL once big enough. This was before I moved the existing inhabitants in.
I have a small 50 gallon pond in the backyard which the zebra danio and green cory were in until this past winter. They are currently in this 10 GAL but I'm doing a cycle on the pond now so will be moved outside soon. I'm keeping the cory inside because they stay at the bottom and can't see them in the pond and don't really help control mosquitoes. I had to get the assasin snails to keep the bladder snails at bay. I got a couple bladder snails from a plant I bought this past summer.

ABEB4CC2-E02D-4DEA-9616-1A3F1551ACEC.jpeg

My 5 gallon freshwater tank that I rescued from near death from an evil girl that was too busy to continue caring for them and was just going to let them die! >:| tank was 1 year old and she had not done one single tank cleaning or even a water change.

I deep cleaned everything and re -aquascaped it. It’s overstocked (by her) but they seem happy. I tried to separate them in different tanks but they all freaked out being apart from each other so I put them back together and they relaxed. Lol. Funny lil fish.

5gal
1 black Dalmatian Molly female
1 neon Glofish female
2 neon tetras females

Tank has been in my care for a month now.
Cycled. Parameters are 0-0-10 temp is 72degrees which is on the chilly end because I have a small aqueon 5 watt heater in it from my quarantine tank temporarily in it. I ordered a new bigger aqueon heater on Amazon yesterday so I can up the temp a few degrees. Filter is a tetra whisper. Was clogged and not being used when I got the tank so I cleaned it, and added a carbon media bag and I added an aqueon micro sponge filter for added aeration/bubbles. All gravel substrate and all plastic/silk plants and silicone swiggly decor. Light bar is hyggar led lights with 7 color modes, dimmer, auto timer and day shift/night shift mode.
I feed them twice a day, with flakes and occasionally frozen or freeze dried bloodworms.
I use Prime, Stability, and Pristine. And a turkey baster tool to suck out excess poo daily because the Molly is a lil piggy and loves eating and pooping ALOT. Lol. I do 25 percent water change every 2-3 days

I’m new to this hobby and absolutely hooked in on it with a passion. I have another slightly smaller tank with 1 male rose tail Betta in it. I am currently living with in laws and trying to discreetly get a larger tank for my betta without them nagging about space I’m taking up lol if it were a perfect world, I’d have my dream tank … a 200 gallon freshwater tank with black and white angel fish, and alllll black and white themed sand, decor, plants. And any black and white fw fishies

Hello! Today I am entering my 60 litre tank :)
IMG_20230304_165031.jpg

I bought this tank in October 2020.

It currently houses:

4 Zebra danios
1 Guppy (who acts like a danio)
1 Panda corydoras
3Bandit corydoras
1 Sparkling gourmai
1 Croaking gourami
1 BN pleco
4 Kuhli Loach

And as you can tell many plants xD my favourite is the Anubis at the bottom right :)

I feed once a day. And occasionaly they get a treat of Garlic brineshrip ;)

I hope you like my tank as much as I enjoy caring for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Back