Vote Now! - June 2022 Tank of the Month Contest (16 US gallons & smaller)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Vote Now - June 2022 Tank of the Month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
POLL IS NOW CLOSED
tankofthemonth-img.jpg

:big_boss:
PLEASE VOTE!
We have 10 awesome tanks entered in Fishforums' June 2022 Tank of the Month contest featuring tanks sized at 16 US gallons and smaller. View all the tanks and descriptions below and then go to poll at the top of this thread, click on your choice for TOTM, and then click the "Cast" button.

It’s best to view these awesome tanks on a computer screen or a tablet instead of a small phone screen.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken. You are not allowed to have friends or family join TFF for the main purpose of voting for you. This is a public poll so source of votes can be viewed.

Winner will be awarded a neat "Tank of the Month Winner" banner in his profile area and will be featured in a "TOTM Winner" thread for all to see and to comment on. Winner will also be added to our TOTM WALL OF FAME

You are allowed to change your vote if you wish.
This poll will end on June 13th at 11:25 AM ET (US)

Last edited:
20220530_203522.jpg

This is all I have running currently in this category😂 Not much but it is a good little tank. This is my 10 gallon fry starter. It currently houses about 150 lemon pleco fry. Fry stay here for the first few weeks of life to make sure they can find food, are vigorous and eating well before being turned loose in the 55 grow out.

It has a 60 gallon sponge filter on it. Running hygger lighting and temp is kept at 78F. No ferts used, guppy grass is the only plant used to keep tank more stable. Fry are fed 2x a day, rapashy soilent green in the morning and blanched zucchini at night. Siphoned daily with a 70% water change.

Ammonia:0
Nitrites:0
Nitrates:0-5ppm.
Ps. Come on people, put up your little tanks! Cause yours could not possibly be sadder than this!🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
20220531_211149.jpg

This is my little 10g jungle! 🌴 I've had it planted for maybe 6 years, it housed only a betta until she passed away about 2months ago. It's currently housing 6 porkchop rasboras, 2 panda corys, and quite a few snails who showed up with the Christmas moss haha

I don't use any fertilizer (probably should), I'm not sure what the filter is I got it so long ago. The rasboras get flakes and the corys get bottom feed pellets once a day in the morning. I do a 20% water change once a week. The light is a hygger, though I want to upgrade it eventually.

Plant wise frogbit is one of my favorites. I forgot to add the label for the contest but this morning I moved a BUNCH of the frogbit to my 30gal to let in more light for the other plants. There's an anubias that has been with me for 10 years, java ferns and Christmas moss on the driftwood. It's looking a little hectic in there at the moment, I have a new baby so bear with me 😅

You want a sad tank? 😂. I can definitely beat it in that regard lol... Mine is the saddest of all. We should make this the UTOTM (Ugliest Tank Of The Month) :rofl:
Alright, here it goes... My ugly fry tank.
0531222219.jpg

This is my peacock gudgeon fry tank which has a fluval 50w for heating and a simple 10g sponge filter as aeration and filtration.
For substrate and decor I have a very very light layer of black sand and then a resin piece of wood and some dragon rock for "decor". Doesnt look good though lol... I also put my baby java ferns from my main tank into here along with the fry...
(Battery is too low for me to take another photo for the entry. I will take it later, but its not like I will win or anything lol.. 😂)

DSCF8725.JPG

Messy, untidied tank! All I did before taking the pic was wipe the water marks from the front glass, lol.
60L established 2019, currently in complete chaos, housing plants and fry that are for my new set up, still working on the hardscape/cycle right now though:
Validation photo:
It's technically my pygmy cory breeding colony tank, and still is. Bought seven pygmies, they bred like mad, and the fry raise themselves in here. Can't get a headcount since heavily planted, and I find good homes for batches of youngsters at times, but I'd guess around 30 pygmies of various sizes. Also houses two otos and my five retired elderly disabled male guppies.

But at the moment it's also housing six bronze youngsters from a previous spawn that are ready to find a new home, and approx 80 teeny bronze (or perhaps sterbai, not not sure yet) cory fry 'cos surprise spawn and nowhere else to put them! In the middle of creating a new set for their parent's tank before taking that one down, so they're very temporarily in here until new 34g is ready :)

Ammonia/nitrites at zero, nitrates haven't been above 20ppm in years. So yes, it's technically overstocked, but have been stepping up water changes. Clean the substrate with every water change. Was 50-70% weekly, now 40-50% 3-4 times per week, the cory fry still being super tiny, a lot of growing live plants and two filters, the water is being maintained well, so despite a lot of fish, it's manageable! Also adorable to see tiny pygmy and bronze cory fry all scooting about together! :wub:

Substrate is gravel at the back, super fine sand beach at the front as a feeding/play area. I use a lot of botanicals like alder cones and almond leaves, and I believe mulm from the gravel also helps to encourage lots of micro critters like the seed shrimp I see, as I'm convinced that is why the pygmy fry raise themselves in here and do so well. Plenty of micro critters for them to eat in between meals of Bug Bites, baby brine shrimp, and live microworms. Occasional blanched veg for the otos that the cories pick at too.

Haven't used any ferts for a while, but I shove seachem root tabs under the vallis, crypts and other heavy root feeders when I remember to, and never remember the liquid ferts. Light is just a Nicrew Skyline, filtration is a HOB and a double sponge filter with compartments for bio media.
Usual plants are vallis, limnophilia sessiliflora, hygrophilia 53B, some hydrocotyle tripartitia "Japan", various crypts and some mosses, and a few other plants I don't know the names of! Plants that are still in pots are for the new tank.

c1.jpg

This is my 10 gallon a. pucallpaensis aquarium. It has a pair of a. pucallpaensis; the male is out front eating and the female is behind the driftwood probably guarding her precious. It also has a few embers and 4 small L397; as well as 2 smallish mystery snails and a couple of assassin snails.

8921F1B7-8072-428C-B214-A4C57629F41E.jpeg

This is my crummy 5 gallon catastrophe. It houses one neon Tetra (survivor) and 3 Amano Shrimp.
Back story:
My 35 gallon hex tank that housed 5 black skirt tetra, 2 neon tetras, and one BN Pleco sprung a leak. I moved all the fish over to my 29 gallon tiger barb tank. All fish were fine except for the neons..the tiger barbs started chasing them around the tank.
To prevent the neons becoming the Tiger Barb's lunch, I moved them to a plastic tote till I could decide what to do with them. Heater failed a day later and water temp dropped to 60 degrees. One neon died.
I had an older 5 gallon unused tank so I cleaned it up, put in some gravel, transferred some anubias and moved the only surviving neon into the tank. I added 3 Amano shrimp yesterday. The ornament is there to ward off any evil spirits. :lol: The neon is like the energizer bunny- he keeps going and going and going...nothing can kill it. It has survived heater failure, ich, being attacked by a group of tiger barbs, and being moved several times, and more.

So here is my embarrassing 5 gallon tank. It sure is sad looking. It is not worthy of your vote. Please DO NOT VOTE for it.
"We're not worthy - we're not worthy."

Last edited:
03A8C161-84E9-4A3E-8620-686AAB0F1288.jpeg

Here’s my new 10 gallon tank!! I just started fish keeping about a month ago. I have a betta named Bill, a Turret snail named mustang, and a ramshorn snail named sally. Yes mustang and sally is the name of a COD zombies gun lol. There’s some algae pellets on the floor but I attempted my first ever water change yesterday. I tried my best!

20220602_155936.jpg

about 2 months old but most stuff was moved from a Biorb that I decided was junk. Fluval Flex 9, male guppies, amano shrimp, nerite snails. Parameters - GH 7, KH 2, PH 7.8 (down from over 8 out of the tap with seachemacid buffer, nitrate 0, nitrite 0, ammonia somewhere between 0 and .25 (slight tinge to the color). Seachem Flourish a tiny bit every couple of weeks. Java fern, java moss, anubias, red root floaters, moneywort. 10% water change once per week, guppies fed once per day, amanos fed once or twice a week.

Last edited:
note from Fishmanic
This entry has been disqualified as the tank being 19 gallons is too large for this contest which is for 16 US gallons or smaller.

We ask that anyone who voted for this entry should CHANGE YOUR VOTE to one of the other entries. Please do this soon as contest will end tomorrow around 11:30 AM ET (US).

IMG_20220603_110951_resized_20220603_111028303.jpg

OK...this is Fred Betta

He came to me a couple of days ago due to his owner's failing health, it was something that had been discussed with his owner's daughter a week or two ago. Originally the owner wanted to take him into the hospice with her but it was not really practical. However sadly the owner took a turn for the worse and Fred Betta came to live with me, his owner's daughter called me earlier today to let me know her mum had unfortunately passed away in hospital.

Fred Betta is a 3 year old Betta in red, black and white. He is quite a feisty fellow, very small for his age but a big eater...and he flares at absolutely everything..."big fish in small fish body" ;)

His aquarium is new (his original was not suited). I have him in an AquaEl 30 litre cube with an Interpet CF1 filter, JBL S Pro50 heater and a NICREW RGB MCR light. The decor and filter media was "stolen" from my 200 litre Diversa.

Fred Betta is still settling into his new routine but does come to the front glass when I walk into the room, which is always nice.

So there you have a non-Betta person (me) with an adopted house guest....I give you Fred Betta :)

End of Entries:
Please scroll up slowly as you review the 9 awesome entries and select your choice for TOTM. And then be sure to click the "cast" button to register your vote.

Thanks for participating in Tank of the Month.

In mid June, our Fish of the Month contest will accepting entries. For June, we will be featuring Bettas. So if you have a Betta, take a great pic of your fish and be ready to enter the contest.

Last edited:
73 members have voted so far in this contest. Did you vote? Do your part and VOTE NOW! Also please note: you are allowed to change your vote if you wish.

Fish of the Month featuring Bettas will resume tomorrow . If you have a Betta, take a good pic and be ready to enter the contest.

Last edited:
Lynnzer's tank has been disqualified as the tank being 19 US gallons is too large for this contest which is for 16 US gallons or smaller.

We ask that anyone who voted for this entry should CHANGE YOUR VOTE to one of the other entries. Please do this soon as contest will end tomorrow around 11:30 AM ET (US).

Last edited:
If you haven’t yet voted for TOTM, please VOTE NOW. Entry period ends on Monday so please vote soon.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back