Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
potm-bigbanner.jpg

POLL IS NOW CLOSED
:big_boss:
PLEASE VOTE NOW
We have 7 very cute pets entered into the July 2022 Pet of the Month Contest. View all the pets and descriptions below and then go to top of page and click on your choice for POTM and then click the "cast" button.

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific pet in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted.

You are not allowed to update your entry picture or video once voting has started.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken. You are not allowed to have friends or family join TFF for the main purpose of voting for you. This is a public poll so source of votes can be viewed.

You are allowed to change your vote if you wish.

Poll will close on July 31st at 4:35 PM ET (US).
Thread will periodically be cleaned up for readability.
We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation

Last edited:
IMG_20220714_172353_1.jpg

This is Yoshi, my Hermann tortoise. I found her at a park, where it was too dangerous for her (kids running around, people cycling etc), so I decided to take her home with me. I did research, joined a few tortoise forums and made her an enclosure in my balcony. I will make something like a door so that she can get out of the enclosure and run free in the balcony ( its a big and wide balcony) as soon as I can. She's with me a bit over 3 months, I think, but I already love her so much!! She loves lettuce and hates all other foods (and her vitamins, lol!). I try to give her grass, dandelions, roses, flowers, even strawberries, but she never touches those. She's such a character, and loves exploring. She loves running. She certainly runs faster than my cat Snoopy. I honestly don't think this cat has ever run in his life, haha!! But anyways ,she really does run fast. Atleast, fast for a tort!! Lol. Ooooh, and she likes watching my fish!!! It's really fun go watch her observe them! Also, I'm thinking about making a "maze" for her to play. I think I didn't mention - she's a baby!! And not any baby, but the cutest one;) In that pic, she's chilling in my hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
1657927671439.png

Hello, y'all! This is my bearded dragon, Sunny. To my knowledge she is 6 years old, I rescued her from an overworked mom and her young kids. But her previous owner took her in from a neighbor who left for college, so that makes me the 3rd owner! And when she came to me her name was Maxi 😑 I didn't want a Maxi-Pad for a pet!! Her favorite food is live superworms and this sort of reptile gelatin thing that aids her appetite. as you can see she has very distinct markings and remarkable eyelids! She's quite the lazy thing due to her age, but whenever I leave she'll try to make her way out of her enclosure. 😅 I like to take her everywhere and she'll sit on my shoulder or arm and let the public pet her including VERY small children who are prone to poking eyes! One thing I find funny is the fact she lets me dress her up in tiny T-shirts and a small serape. She is rather small compared to others, I'm thinking she didn't receive UV light during her younger years. but I think I like it that way. The best thing about having a beardie, is seeing the people who are scared of them 😂. But anyway, she's finally living her best life!

DSC_0132 (2).JPG

This is Summer. She is a 12 week old Weimaraner pup. She is the newest addition to the house but is proving to be a very good girl. She knows how to sit, down, stay and spin (She is a quick study). She heels and has very good recall for such a little girl. She loves everyone and everything, a true social butterfly. She has proved to have unshakeable nerves during a 4th of July parade and was super curious of the large draft horses, nothing phases her. She minds pretty well and has not really chewed anything that she is not supposed to. Tags are her favorite thing though, the tags on blankets, toys, dog beds. Her fur is incredibly soft and she is such a ham. I had trouble picking only one picture to post.

IMG-20220718-WA0018.jpg

This is one of my Golden Retreivers, called Luna. She weighs in at a lightweight 21kg, so possibly she's a cross but we just call her our mini golden retriever. Everyone thinks she's a pup due to her size, when in fact she is now 7 years old!

Pre pandemic we never really had the time to dedicate to puppy training so always looked to take in slightly older dogs to re-home. Luna we got at 10 months old from a dog trainer. She was bred and initially trained as a gundog but turned out to be gun shy, so we got lucky in that respect. She is incredibly well behaved and an absolute cuddle monster and any chance she gets she'll be next to you, pressing in as close as she can get. She does still lack some confidence with loud noises and very busy situations but her younger retreiver brother Ralph is her guiding light in that respect, being Mr Confidence himself.

She loves to carry fluffy toys around in her mouth, like the good little gundog she is, plus she's a a real talker when she gets excited, such as when you come in the door from being out. It's very cute to hear her "speak".

Luna is fed twice a day on Canagan dry food, with salmon oil added (works wonders for her coats) and recently I've started her on jointsure supplements (basically glucosamine) to keep hips in good shape as she ages. Vets often prescribe high strength glucosamine when old dogs get joint problems, so I like to start them younger on regular strength before problems arise, to avoid the worst of it when possible.

When it comes to the fish, I sometimes catch Luna watching them from the sofa, so she is definitely a little curious but no more than that.

Luna with "little" brother Ralph:

2FFA05AE-3F9E-4691-B690-D20DD78D442E.jpeg

Here is rocket! He is an American Bully, German Shepard, Blue Heeler, and Australian Cattle Dog mix. He is just a puppy. He loves other dogs, and in this picture, he was at the dog park for an hour and a half. He loves to lick people, and has an amazing personality. He is so playful, and loves to lay with his cat friend, willow. He is a strong dog, and will wrestle and play with other dogs for hours. Of course, after, he looks like this!

20220619_182228.jpg

This is our two year old dog Luna who is very unique!
She has one eye that is half brown and half blue and has some very interesting markings on her coat.
She always has to be by us no matter what and does a whine/howl when we aren't with her lol.
We have been feeding her IAMS which is what we fed our previous dogs who lived 17 and 18.
When we got her she was 55 pounds and 10 months old, and now at 2yrs old she is 83.6 pounds!!!
When we first got her she was scared and didn't know where she was going or who we were really and it took her 45 MINUTES to finally come out of the car. She wasn't even coming out for a treat. But once she was in the house she settled in very quickly and now loves us as much as we love her! (I hope 🤣)
We spoil her a lot and so do our friends with various treats. She will sit very very pretty if she has something she wants. Especially pizza 😂

End of Entries:
Please scroll up slowly as you review the 7 awesome entries and then, in the poll at the top of this thread, click on your choice for POTM. Then be sure to click the cast button to register your vote.

Our next Tank of the Month contest will start accepting entries around July 29th. For August, we will feature tanks sized at 31 US gallons and larger. If you have a tank of that size, tidy up your tank and be ready to enter the contest. You will see a banner displayed at the top of the forums indicating that the entry period has started.

Last edited:
Only 50 members have voted in this contest. We ask all members to participate in this contest by casting your vote for the pet you would like to see win the title of "Pet of the Month".

We have started accepting entries in our Tank of the Month contest for tanks sized at 31 US gallons and larger. If you have a tank of that size, please consider entering your tank in the contest. Entries will be accepted till August 5th. Click link below to view the entry thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back