TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
POLL HAS ENDED.
PLEASE VOTE!
vote-totm.png

We have 5 worthy entrants for Fishforums' January Tank of the Month Contest. View all the tanks and descriptions below and then go to top of page and click on your choice for TOTM

It’s best to view these awesome tanks on a computer screen or a tablet instead of a small phone screen.

Winner will be awarded a neat "Tank of the Month Winner" banner in his profile area and will be featured in a "TOTM Winner" thread for all to see and to comment on.

Please DO NOT post any comments about specific tanks in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. This thread will be cleaned up occasionally for best readability.

Poll will close on January 14th at 4:07 pm EST. We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation.

Last edited:
73444528-4B0A-4CA6-98DD-B5E9C520D02D.jpeg

My tank is an Aqua-Internal with 5 different types of live plants, two rocks and a small piece of driftwood.
Size: 54x32x30cm
Capacity: 60L
Stocking: 4 Dwarf Pea Puffers, 2 Albino Tiger Barbs, 2 Green Tiger Barbs, 2 Regular Tiger Barbs, 3 Red Cherry Shrimp and 2 Red Spotted Snails.
Water Parameters: hardness= 112.5ppm 26 degrees celsius
Filtration: Aqua-Internal filter 200
Heating: Delta therm heater (100 watt)
Plants include: Hygrophila pinnatifida, Echinodorus ozelot red, Microsorum pteropus, Cyperus helferii and Anubias hastifolia.

Last edited by a moderator:
DSC03817.JPG

This tank is my biggest investment. The line in the middle is sunlight
Capacity: 149L/46Gal
Water Parameters: 8.0-9.0 PH, 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrite, 5-10ppm Nitrate, 82 degrees F
Heating: topfin 200w heater
Filtration: marineland Penguin 200 with sponge to reduce flow, and 2 white ribbon
Aeration: 6" bubble wand
Lighting: 2 strips of LEDs and an Aqueon clip on LED light
Hardscape: Apple wood and river rocks
Plants: 1 Madagascar lace, 3 narrow leaf swords, 1 micro sword, 1 anubias nana, 1 unkown sword in the righthand corner, 1 bronze crypticorn, 1 sad amazon sword behind the cryptocorn, 2 big swords in the back that I have forgotten the names to, moss ball, and a few pieces of java moss.
Invertebrates: 6 ghost shrimp, 6 nerite snails, 50-100 tiny snails
Fish: 1 Bolivian ram, 1 gold ram, 1 small pictus catfish, 1 black neon tetra, 1 deformed turquoise danio, 2 long fin leopard danios, 2 bristlenose plecos, 2 baby mollies that I know of, 3 mollies that are breeding, 3 banded kuhli loaches, 4 green fire tetras, 4 cory cats, 6 hatchetfish, 8 long fin skirt tetras, 9 turquoise danios, 14 black phantom tetras

D8E1A56F-6E85-4968-B1BC-03BBD7C46C97.jpeg

Hi all, I just joined recently and am encouraged to show my betta tank.
Tank: 2.6gal bow front
Water Param: 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 10-15 nitrates, 200 kh, 8 ph
Filtration: sponge filter with mini air pump
Lighting: Finnex stingray
No heating coz I live in tropical climate
Plants: hornwort, java moss, water lettuce and pothos (& marina silk for a pop of color:oops:)
Livestock: rosetail betta given by a friend and 3 ramshorn snails

20200105_152325.jpg

Hi folks :)

This is my fluval Roma River stream tank.

*220 litres (100x40x55 cms)
*Been running for 3 months
*2 x heaters with a HTC306 T duel controller.
*Fluval 405 canister filter with spray bar, duel sponge filter.
*2x bubble stones
*Substrate: Play sand with some fine gravel for contrast.
*Plants: Cryptocoryne Beckettii/ Parva, Rotala Indica, Amazon Swords, Green Tiger Lotus, Hygrophia, Hornwort, Moss balls, other stem plants and Water lettuce floating. Artificial ivy at rear.
*Decor: Driftwood, River rock, green oase stone and black pebbles.
*fish feed Omega one flakes, NLS small pellets and fluval bug bites with plant matter such as Duckweed.
*Plant feed i use Root tabs and weekly liquid Fert.
*Maintance/parameters: Ammonia 0,
Nitrite 0, nitrates 5-10ppm, ph 7.4, temp 25c.
Weekly water changes 50 to 75%

*Current stocking:
13 Super Red Rosy Barbs
9 Odessa Barbs
6 Otocinclus Dwarf Catfish
4 Amano Shrimp
Malaysian trumpet snails
4 Assassin snails

Thanks for looking :)

18F3B66F-AFE9-405C-9F16-95F76514CA88.jpeg

I am new to aquariums and learned so much being part of this forum, still feel like a learner, but 6 months down the line here is my setup, 100ltr tank, stocked with fresh plants lower lever, upper level I have some artificial glass hanging baskets, which my fry love to hide in, I stock guppies and neon tetra, I have my first guppie fry now over 20 growing beautifully, but unfortunately can only upload one picture, even though I’d love to share how much they grown, and beautiful colours, I also have 3 Cory Dora, and assassin snails aswell as shrimp, I use sand only, I do my water changes usually every two weeks 50% but since the fry are growing I have started to do them sooner, I use a turkey baster to remove fish poop, and clean my glass, I have plant lighting and fish health lighting so use two bulbs, but I differ these throughout the day to prevent algae, but keep my fry at good health lighting.

I feed baby liquifry, flake food, /Cory shrimpwafer, and bloodworm twice a day, my parameters are Cl2 =0 ph = 6.8 KH = 6 GH = 8 NO2 = 0 NO3 = 25 temp 27

on my tank maintenance I only shake my plants and do not remove them, I also have moss balls, only clean the upper glass basket ones, I syphone over my sand, and my filtration system in a standard carbon filter but I put mineral rocks in, I also use filter pads in the back compartment, and two heaters, I have my pump on throughout the day, but use an oxygen stone throughout the night. I hope this is everything I have mentioned and not missed anything out, I am very proud what I have achieved as a beginner, I started my hobbie for my son with Autism, and wanted to create a sensory feeling for him, and always looking for new ideas or ways to improve my tank, and hope in the future we feel confident to expand with a larger tank.

End of Entries: Please scroll up slowly as you review the 5 entries and then cast your vote in the poll at the top of this thread. Thanks for your participation in our contests.

Just a few days left to vote. If you haven't yet voted, please review the entries above and cast your vote.

Once our winner of TOTM is announced, we will be starting our Pet of the Month contest. You may enter any pet in your household into the contest. So take a nice pic of your petand be ready to enter the POTM contest.

Last edited:
If you haven't voted yet, there are just 2 hours left to vote. Winner will be announced later today. Pet of the Month contest starts soon so take a good pic of one of your pet and be ready to enter our POTM contest.

Last edited:
Poll has ended. And the winner is Russjw You may congratulate him in the Winner Thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back