Vote Now! - February 2021 Fish of the Month Contest (Angelfish)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Vote Now for February Fish of the Month (Angelfish)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Fish of the Month
:big_boss:
PLEASE VOTE!
We have 7 beautiful Angelfish entered into February's 2020 Fish of the Month Contest. View all the entries and descriptions below and then go to the top of page - click on your choice for FOTM and then click the "cast" button.

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific entry in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. Preferably no posts should be made in this voting topic.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken.

The winner is awarded a neat banner in his profile area and will be featured in a Winner Thread for all to see and to comment. The winner also will be added to our FOTM Wall of Fame .

Poll will close on February 28th at 4 PM US ET .

Good luck to our entrants in the Fish of the Month contest. We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation.

Last edited:
20210215_182502_2.jpg

Species: Pterophyllum scalare
Name: None
Preferred foods: Brine shrimp, bloodworms, mysis, flakes
Tank size: 75 gallons
Tank mates: 5 Apistogramma atahualpa
Unique traits: Wild caught from Rio Nanay

Last edited by a moderator:
3423D1F7-7E71-4056-90DB-4AC3758C03AA.jpeg

Name: Stars (as my 2yo daughter calls them)
Preferred foods: Bloodworms, Brine Shrimp, Algae Wafer, Sinking Wafer
Tank size: 57 Gallons
Tank mates: 2 Blackghost Knife, 6 Black Golden Platy
Unique traits: Near death experience survival due to heater failure two months ago.

0CCDE89C-AD8B-49B4-8921-3BAA57110E9A.jpeg

Name: none
Prefered foods: Bloodworms, algae wafer, Tetra Bits.
Tank size: 53gal
Tank mates: 2 kubotai loach, L001 pleco, 1 albino pleco, 1 common pleco, 1 silver dollar, quite overstocked I know.
Unique traits: hand feeding.

Pinta.jpg

Common Name: Veil Tale Angel Fish
Name: Pinta
Preferred foods: Brine Shrimp
Tank size: 55 Gallons
Tankmates: 8 Red Eye Tetras, 7 Corys, 2 Pleco, Snails
Unique traits: Very inquisitive and responsive to my presence.

20210216_180440.jpg

Name: Gentle Ben (A bit of a misnomer, that trait slowly changed as he grew)
Preferred foods: Just about anything except the red colored TetraMin flakes, he is not a picky eater but he does get brine shrimp, blood worms, and occasionally mosquito larva from the pond.
Tank Size: 60 Gallon Tall
Tank Mates: 8 Black Neon Tetras (rescue), 3 Small German Blue Rams, Bristle Nose Pleco, "Stripe" the other Angel (rescue), 6 Ornate (maybe Rosy) Tetras, and Cami the female rescued Betta. From now on I am not taking in anyone's unwanted fish.
Unique Traits: Seems to spend most of the time watching my Wife and I, the tank is located next to the kitchen so he sees us a lot. I have to push him away whenever I work in the tank he is very friendly, he likes to nibble on my arm hair. The real interesting thing with him is his coloration can change rapidly, within a couple of seconds his black markings can go from approximately 20% gray to the deep black in the second photo. He can recognize the difference between my Wife and I, he ignores my wife but will come to the front of the tank if I am around.
Notes: Sorry about the algae on the back glass, I leave it for the pleco,

IMG_20210217_191341.jpg

Spices: Pterophyllum scalare Marmor Dimond
Name: ////
Preferred food: Blood worms or random fruit flies
Tank size: 180l (50 gallon)
Tank mates: One koi angle, two blue gouramis, two apistogramma agassisi double red
Unique traits: Recognises my face, start twitching and gasping for food every time she sees me

82CB1D65-6432-4A5F-B824-77800AE84AF6.jpeg

Name: Avey
Favorite food: Bloodworms
Tank size: 75 gallons

Tankmates:
1 koi angelfish
4 leopard Cory cats
1 clown pleco
14 rummy nose tetra
1 female neon blue dwarf gourami
1 female and 1 male honey gourami

Unique traits: Pretty much inseparable from the koi angel. They are side by side pretty much all the time. Color changes rapidly when excited, goes from no black stripes to dark black stripes very quickly.

END OF ENTRIES:
Please slowly scroll up as you review the 7 entries and then cast your vote in the poll at the top of this thread.

Our Tank of the Month contest resumes on March 1st. For March, the contest will feature tanks sized at 16 gallons and smaller. If you have a tank of that size, we hope you will enter the contest.

Thanks for participating in Fishforums.net contests.

Just one day left to vote. Please vote if you havent already done so.

Our Tank of the Month contest has started. If you have a tank sized at 16 US gallons or smaller, we hope you enter your tank in the contest. Entries will be accepted till March 6th at 4PM ET (US). Click on link below to view entry thread:

Last edited:
We have a winner! nik_n has won February 2021 FOTM with his beautiful Pterophyllum scalare Marmor Dimond Angelfish. NIce job, nik_n. Coming in second place Uberhoust with his beautiful striped Pterophyllum scalare Angelfish. Great photo, Uberhoust.

You can congratulate the nik_n in the Winner's Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back