Vote Now - December 2021 Fish of the Month Contest (any fish)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Vote Now for December 2021 Fish of the Month (any fish)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
POLL HAS ENDED
Fish of the Month
:big_boss:
PLEASE VOTE!
We have 8 awesome fish entered into December's 2021 Fish of the Month Contest. View all the entries and descriptions below and then go to the top of page - click on your choice for FOTM and then click the "cast" button.

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific entry in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. Preferably no posts should be made in this voting topic. This is a public poll so source of votes are viewable. You are allowed to change your vote if you wish.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken.

The winner is awarded a neat banner in his profile area and will be featured in a Winner Thread for all to see and to comment. The winner also will be added to our FOTM Wall of Fame .

Poll will close on December 20th at 3:55 PM US ET .

Good luck to our entrants in the Fish of the Month contest. We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation.

Last edited:
F32165BE-0C4A-4422-876B-EBAD47AB0164.jpeg

Here is my male veiltail betta fish, Heatwave. He lives with 1 oto cat and 2 ghost shrimp. I got him 4 months ago, but I don’t know his exact age, but somewhere between 12-16 months . He lives in a 2.6 gallon fluval tank TEMPORARILY. He is getting upgraded to a 29 gallon tank in about a month.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0476.JPG

This is my Tetraodon schoutedeni/spotted congo puffer, hanging around in the water sprite roots in his temporary 10 gallon tank, until he is upgraded to my (soon to be finished) West African 155, maybe with others of his species one day.

One of my favorite kinds of puffer fish, and like most puffers, one of the best personality fish I've ever owned. He enjoys cruising on the substrate, mostly until he sees me or knows it's feeding time, then he's all over the place (he actually spins around the tweezers and things during tank maintenance).

He found himself in my care when I saw him at my LFS for a cheaper price than most other places, and since I was already considering keeping one at the time, I decided to bring him home.
(thank you LFS for only having one in stock otherwise I would be out of money 🤣)

Anyway, I hope you find him to be as stunning and beautiful as I do

IMG_0466.JPG

knife02.jpg

Species: High Fin Black Ghost Knifefish
Name: Katana
Size: 4-5 inches
Tank Size: Growing out in a heavily planted 60 gallon currently
Feeding: Daily - Freeze dried mysis shrimp. Every 2-3 days: Mix of frozen krill and bloodworms.
Unique: High fin variety. Has a raised dorsal fin.

This is my red tail giant gourami... The gourami.

Screenshot_20211204-172558~2.png

I bought him in 2016, about the size of a betta. He had been kept in a 10 gallon for almost a year and was stunted and unhealthy. I started him in a 30 gallon, them moved from that to a 90, then 140, and now 210. He eats peas, various fruits, assorted vegetables likes cilantro, worms, and pellets. He's currently around 18" long and 3" wide (will adjust when I get home). He lives with Central American cichlids as they're the only group of fish he's tolerated long-term. He's the boss of the tank.

If I walk past my bedroom he starts swimming into the front of the tank excitedly and is always on the lookout for me. Interestingly enough, he's also scared of me since I moved him to the 210. If I'm not feeding the tank while working on/around it, he ducks away and hides. Sometimes he riles up the other fish doing this and suddenly everyone is flying around panicked.

I'll be adding the piece of paper picture once I get home!

Last edited:
new.jpg

Here's my "MOO" My Only One brackish water fish. A gift from a friend of mine 1 year ago.

This is my brackish water fish I don’t know what species it belongs to. This fish was a birthday gift to me from a friend of mine last December 25, 2020. As you can see in the picture, I placed it on a small tank so that I can take a picture. I added this fish to my community tank which is also found in the picture. I feed it with commercial floating pellets. Last year, the size of it is almost 1 centimeter in length, now, it is 5 centimeters.

DBE74B6C-F2E4-4171-9F4E-AF0260F9BA6C.jpeg
I just got one of my bucket list fish today, a hoplias malabaricus aka the common wolf fish. It’s still a little guy, probably around 4” but it’s already eating like a champ. These guy get around 17-20”mostly eat other characins and smaller cichlids in the wild. He’s in a 55g temporarily, a tank that I was using to hold my feeder Molly’s, so he’s gonna have a supply of food for a few weeks but I’ll get him trained on shrimp, tilapia and silversides and maybe pellets down the road and get him either a 4x2x2 or a 6x2x2 depending on his activity level

I now officially present for your visual delectation....

Lord Lop-Lop from
Blue Castle on
Charming-hamptonfordshire:

IMG_20210815_005113.jpg

Unmistakably an Odd-ball, one orange and one yellow wildly waving top thingy makes our guy Lop-Lop 🥳 the melty-my-everloving-♥️'s done-been-stilled-already FAVORITE 🤤 of all the 😍 Ladies in the Land.

Won't YOU try your fin at winning the ♥️ of this spastic package of action? Of course you will 😇 !!!

This fellow is the ✨Pride and Joy✨of the Hamptonfordshire 🏰 and a proven patriarchal mover-and-shaker! His progeny occupy one other Fordshire 🌄 as well as a nearby Burrough.

Sir Lop-Lop is for Lovers 💋and Single People 🙋🏻‍♀️ too, as well as those Unsure 🥱 if They Care to Get Back on the Ride 😕 or Even Go to the Amusement 🎠 Park Since that last 🤢 Straight from the 🔥Hottest Room in Hell🔥Nightmare 😵of a Rollercoaster🎢.

To all Never-Say-Nevers☺️,
Never-Agains😞, and ..."Well, I Never{s}🤪:. Don't Hesitate
because Lord Charming will Never Mind it a bit if you pick him to accompany you all the way to 🌌 Neverland, and back 🤭!

Remember;
Lop-Lop is an equal opportunity fish.
Paid for by a Widows and Wallflowers coalition near you.
Hug one today.

thumbnail_IMG_7674.jpg

:fish:Hi, I am Desiree, and this is my Rummy Nose Tetra named Stripe, he lives in a 5-gallon tank with two neon tetras and two dwarf frogs🐸.

I got my first dwarf frog on Oct 30, 2021, then on Oct 32, 2021 I got my second dwarf frog and my three tetras, two neon and one Rummy Nose, Stripe was the only Rummy Nose tetra in the neon tetra tank.

Stripe is very kind and never causes a fight, he is also the most scared one of them all, but no matter his personality I will💕love him, always.

He eats Vitality & color flakes bc that's what the guy at big Al's said to buy, he will also have a bit of dried blood worms every day, since my dwarf frogs eat that too.

Buying him and his friends has been my best purchase this year!!! :fish:

Last edited:
End of Entries:
Scroll up slowly as you review the 8 entries. Then select your choice and click the "cast" button in the poll at the top of this thread.

Thanks for participating in TFF Fish of the Month contest.

39 votes have been cast so far! Keep 'em coming. Help us choose the FOTM winner by casting your vote!

Our 2021 Tank of the Year Tournament starts on Friday. Be sure you vote in that contest to help us crown "the best of the best" among the 12 TOTM winners of 2021. It should be loads of fun so tune in tomorrow. Winner will be announced on New Years Day!

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back