VOTE NOW!...December 2019 Fish of the Month Contest (Angelfish only)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Please vote for December 2019 Fish of the Month

• Krib 32

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • howard_hopkinson

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Fishmanic

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Munroco

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
POLL IS NOW CLOSED​
PLEASE VOTE!
We have 4 beautiful Angelfish entered into the December 2019 Fish of the Month Contest. View all the entries and descriptions below and then go to the top of page and click on your choice for FOTM.

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific entry in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. Preferably no posts should be made in this voting topic.

The winner gets a neat banner in his profile area and will be featured in a "winner" thread for all to see and to comment.

Poll will close on December 23rd at 3:45 pm

Good luck to our entrants in the Fish of the Month contest. We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation.

Last edited:
PSX_20191212_082657.jpg

This is my male veiltail scalare angelfish. Excuse the bottle in the picture the angelfish wigglers are in there.
Tank: 38 gallons
Tank mates: female betta, cherry barbs, lemon tetras, female angelfish, corydoras, and 2 golden wonder killifish.
Name: N/A
Traits: very social and docile and has also been said to have a little bit of pearl scale.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Angelfish....”Sunny”

110A67FB-6B5B-4B16-81D0-1F101BF69334.jpeg

"Sunny" is a 4 year old female Koi Angelfish and also is called a "Blushing Angel" due to her yellow coloring near her head.

Sunny lives in a 35 gallon tall hex tank with her roomates...7 Serpae Tetras, 4 Black Skirt Tetras, and a juvenile BN Pleco.

"Sunny" has been a bit under the weather lately but she asked me to enter her in the FOTM contest anyways.

When feeling her usual self, Sunny will always greet me when I come near her tank, rapidly moving her body from side to side in excitement. If I go to the other side of the tank, she will follow me. Sunny, in her previous life, must have been a pig, because she's always hungry. I can feed her her favorite foods and then one minute later she's looking for more..moving her head from side as if begging while saying "FEED ME". She often hangs out by The Asian Fisherman hoping the fisherman will feed her or maybe drop a bait worm or two.

Her usual food is Omega One flakes, but I occasionally feed her treats of Betta Bits, Fd Bloodworms, Fd Daphnia and Hikari Mini Pellets.

Sunny enjoys listening to Reggae Music (especially songs by Bob Marley) and also likes to watch Sunday Football games on tv and also Aquarium Videos on Youtube. She also likes to watch me whenever I am doing anything in the room as she waits for her next meal.

Whenever I play the song "Sunny" by Bob Hebb (you can listen to it on youtube) I think of her.

Sunny hopes you will vote for her for Fish of the Month. I promised her I would give her her favorite treat...bloodworms...if she wins.

Last edited:
VuTgl7KD_OJm6pTIu9aFqBSuFDhHm4UQhyXnJf06J71VDhlQJwLgjGTWo9tPWCtuO3Fqt74FfAwsTX2fcnKA5NRWFU12TXe66GE-Zhk1sM-m1xGSOoqv-NMO5SJSroxeYk3qjC-qmudObHckvDL-eJU156C-ugR6b1S7nkFCfJyr_yGCPqpzAA6stGjYSc1eQa3xboB0fD5IgFIRJkoFOFkooKzz7lTZYZKihoIk_E77_rDAyVLoE14pkxG_rcAr8jdC9pcHiapuanYInJu_nBRnlSKn_-ac2rz0Ea11Dt4q04BeskE0iG4WZo7YBJzZcw0Rk52sGW7He5P1ky8LLao8FWmfDCVrYZQ3dHxnNXJy1lP7lm-viMqtYhR5V5CqWGdtMTzmhsr6nYFjs9eBzzT5RaVqHLkJsPlNjx9x1vIKdKxLO50eSP9OZTAi6SECbEv5hbJXDjFPNQNLsaltURCSWCo_68Vrvlj9ZIKE4cdte8xWboegWA2P5afnBEVPQJp6M4UsMoVdkPIBdNlNFAu1_BJZ0Sz5BIf7B394Xg3SPwFubrWXcvjdKElapklTXqr3cHHTF2iJcE6J55MP_F6QKpQJnGQBOaX3KcQM0SHU34GZYXkt9PyjkO6xSj5VI-CNsEncEn8AcDOEYDovph5nhaJaUI3Uz51yJ4aFfPEExxxrDDxelA=w1366-h630-no

This my black ghost female angel fish who has only recently laid eggs(just coming upto 3 days ago) and has been very busy guarding them with her partner a beautiful and highly coloured koi male. I'm pretty pleased she decided to put in an appearance and pose for the camera, specifically for this contest I'm guessing. She's now gone back into guarding eggs and hiding again.

She is around 5 inches tall now. I don't know exactly how hold she is, I bought them as a pair back in September 19 and they were one heck of a lot smaller then, probably 2.5 to 3 inches high.

She is very friendly with me, but obviously, she isn't too tolerant of other fish who stray to close to her eggs.

This will be the third time they have spawned in the aquarium, but have eaten their own eggs the last 2 times.

angel 1.jpg

This is one of my male angel fish. There are two males and two females. The males aren't getting along so great which is why his mouth is a bit damaged. The other one is the same. The other male is a bit bigger but this guy has better marking so he got the nod for this competion. They live in my 4ft planted tank with a herd of corys, a few Siamese Algae eaters and about 40 white clouds. I have had them for around 2 years now. I have a few fry in another tank from the other male and his mate.

Poll is now closed! We have a winner...click here to congratulate our winner of FOTM...Krib 32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back