Vote Now! April 2022 Tank of the Month (17-30 US gallons)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Vote Now - April 2022 Tank of the Month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
POLL IS NOW CLOSED
tankofthemonth-img.jpg

:big_boss:
PLEASE VOTE!
We have 9 awesome tanks entered in Fishforums' April 2022 Tank of the Month contest featuring tanks sized at 17 to 30 US gallons. View all the tanks and descriptions below and then go to poll at the top of this thread, click on your choice for TOTM, and then click the "Cast" button.

It’s best to view these awesome tanks on a computer screen or a tablet instead of a small phone screen.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken. This is a public poll so source of votes can be viewed.

Winner will be awarded a neat "Tank of the Month Winner" banner in his profile area and will be featured in a "TOTM Winner" thread for all to see and to comment on. Winner will also be added to our TOTM WALL OF FAME

This poll will end on April 15th at 5:05 PM ET (US)

Last edited:
0331221049a.jpg

Hello everyone! This is my first time participating in a TOTM contest and thought I'd try it out!
The tank is 20 gallons and measures (in inches) 24×12×16. It is a planted tank with Java fern and anubias coffeefolia. For hardscape I used dragon rock and spiderwood. I plan to get a lot more plants and switch out the rock to river stones for a more cleaner and natural look and then get a lot more plants!

Here is a quick overview of my tank:

Tank size: 20 gallon high

Plants: Java fern and anubias coffeefolia

Occupants: Breeding pair of peacock gudgeons and a lot of snails

Lighting: Hygger sunrise/sunset LED

Ferts: none

Water changes: Around 25% each week

Parameters/conditions: PH 8.1, GH 3, KH 14, Amm 0ppm, Nitrites 0ppm, NitrAtes 5-10ppm.

AOT (Age Of Tank): 165 days

Filter: Aquaclear 30

Heater: Fluval 100w

Last edited by a moderator:
20220331_190936.jpg

Here is my 29 gallon aqueon. It was a kit. I believe the heater is 100 watt and the filter is 30 gallon quiet flow.
I have a few live plants. Two Java ferns and two mysteries. I haven't used any fertilizer beyond crossing my fingers and hoping for life.
There are 4 female betta, 4 corydoras, 1 otocinclus (started as 3, but 2 unalived themselves this week. Local stores are out of stock today), and 1 mystery snail.
I hope to eventually have all live plants.
I started doing 17% (5 gallons) water changes every 3-4 days, but the last two weeks have done a 50%. I think I prefer 50% weekly. I also remove all decorations and scrub them with a toothbrush under hot water every time I change water. My nitrites and nitrates always read zero according to the api test strip I have. PH is 8, KH looks like 180 and GH 30.
My tank has been inhabited for about two months now.
My TFF tag is on the top, but my room has poor lighting to show. My apologies.

04totm.jpg

This is my 20 gallon Axolotl tank. There are currently two baby axolotls in it, Mochi and Miso (seen in the bottom left). There are also a handful of minnows to add a little extra movement in the tank (aware that they could get eaten.)
Plants are anacharis, bamboo, java fern, anubias. Planning on getting some java moss growing on the wood piece that sticks out of the water.
There is a small desk fan aimed at the surface to cool the tank. It usually ranges between 64-69, depending on the room temperature.
There are actually two filters in the tank, mostly because I already had them. There is a double sponge filter in the back and a hang on the back on the right side.
There is a hut on the right for hiding area and the left side is heavily planted behind the Mopani wood for a hiding area as well.
Mochi and Miso are currently being fed frozen bloodworms and the minnows get some crushed up flakes.
I do plan on moving them to a bigger tank (that I already own but is in storage) when they get a bit bigger.
These are my first axolotls and I absolutely love them. I'm already planning on getting more (with the right tank set up of course.)

20 tank.jpg

This is my 20 gallon planted , started in early Feb. 2022
Filtration is an Aquaclear 70
Lights are Nicrew SkyLED X 2
Substrate is Fluval Stratum capped with black gravel
Heater is a Marineland 100 W
Parameters , Ammonia 0 , Nitrites 0 , Nitrates 0 , PH 7
Plants , Anubias , Banana plants , Altheranthera ,Rotala , Hornwort , Red root floaters , Water lettuce , Java fern , Java moss , Red melon swords , Dwarf hairgrass , Cryotocoryne retrospiralis , pink flamingo
Livestock , 9 Glowlight tetra , 1 Blue phantom pleco , 1 large apple snail , 1 mystery snail , 6 neocaridina shrimp
Rock caves and 1 large driftwood piece
Weekly 25% water changes
Feed Pleco wafers , zucchini , spinach , flakes , Bug bites
No ferts
( For folks that might be worried about the Pleco , I am cycling a 55 gal for him ).

20220402_082100.jpg

Hello! This is my first tank, so it is quite a work in progress, but I couldn't help but enter my 29-gallon tank.:):):).
The tank has been set up in total for 5 months, but the bulk of the fish have been in the tank for 3 months, however, there are some fish added more recently. I love my tiger barbs and their endless hunger and love playing hide and seek with the hillstream loach. I am currently battling with tannins, so apologies for that.

Stocking: 8 total tiger barbs (5 normal, three new albinos), one mystery snail (named M&M), and one hillstream loach (named Cleo).
Parameters: Ammonia 0, Nitrites 0, PH 7.4
Includes 2 dwarf onions, 2 java fern, 1 Anubias barteri, 3-4 Anubias barteri filled stone tiles , and a couple of fake plants.

I change the water about 25% per week generally, and feed tropical flakes and sinking algae pellets daily. On Mondays & Fridays, I don't feed flakes, I feed bloodworms. (The barbs love it :lol:)

So this is my tank! Just wanted to share! Best of luck to all contestants!

48C973C0-F889-427A-9854-3D74E497C91C.jpeg

Tank - 20 gallon (30x12x12) Tropical Community
Age - This setup is 6 months old
Temp - 78F
Filtration - AquaClear 20 + sponge filter
Lidless
Lighting - 33” Varmhus planted LED light
Hardscape - Manzanita branches
Substrate - Caribsea fine sand + larger stones
Plants -
Hygrophila polysperma
Red ludwigia
Hornwort
Anacharis
Anubias (several varieties)
Java fern
Bacopa australis
Duckweed
Frogbit

Stock -
1 BN pleco
5 neon tetra
10 Pygmy cories
3 nerite snails

Maintenance - 50% WC every two weeks
Feeding - Tropical flakes, dried tubifex, dried brine shrimp

The fish do have names… the pleco is Gandalf, the nerite snails are Bard, Smaug, and Olive Nerite. The tetras aren’t named. There were 13 cories, Fili, Kili, Balin, Dwalin, Ori, Nori, Dori, Bifur, Bofur, Bombar, Thorin, Oin, and Gloin. After the dwarves from the Hobbit. I’m down to 10 after a family member messed up my tank’s cycle, Fili, Kili, and Thorin unfortunately didn’t make it:-(

Last edited:
IMG_2319[1].JPG

Well, we haven't hit the 10 mark yet. So, let's add one of my tanks as well. It's a 100 liters tank. With live plants in it.

This tank contains mainly wild livebearers. To be more precise it contains:
Knife livebearers (Alfaro cultratus)
Comma swordtails (Xiphophorus signum)
Nezzies (Xiphophorus nezahualcoyotl)
Mix of guppies
Cuban limias (Limia vittata)

And the following:
Dwarf rasboras (Boraras maculatus)
Serpae tetras (Hyphessobrycon eques)
Flag fish (Jordanella floridae)
Birstlenoses (Ancistrus dolichopterus)
Panda cories (Corydoras panda)
Assassin snail (Anentome helena)

End of Entries:
Please slowly scroll up as you review the 9 entries. In the poll at the top of this thread, select your favorite and then click the "cast" button. Thanks for participating in our Tank of the Month contest.

In the middle of this month, we will start accepting entries for our Fish of the Month contest. For April's contest, we will feature Cichlids (except Angelfish). If you have a Cichlid, we hope you will enter the contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back