Vote Now - April 2021 Tank of the Month contest (17-30 G)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Vote Now for April 2021 Tank of the Month ( 17-30 Gallons)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score

Tank of the Month
:big_boss:
PLEASE VOTE!
We have 6 awesome tanks entered in Fishforums' April 2021 Tank of the Month contest featuring tanks sized at 17 to 30 gallons. View all the tanks and descriptions below and then go to top of this thread and click on your choice for TOTM and then click the "Cast" button.

It’s best to view these awesome tanks on a computer screen or a tablet instead of a small phone screen.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken. This is a public poll so source of votes can be viewed.

Winner will be awarded a neat "Tank of the Month Winner" banner in his profile area and will be featured in a "TOTM Winner" thread for all to see and to comment on. Winner will also be added to our TOTM WALL OF FAME

This poll will end on April 16th at 5:21 PM ET (US)

Please DO NOT post any comments about specific tanks in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. This thread will be cleaned up occasionally for best readability.

Last edited:
image.jpg

This is my 29 gallon planted Goldie tank featuring my water babies (a baby black Ranchu and a baby red cap Oranda). The Ranchu is named jellybean. He is all joy and wiggles and loves people (he was scared of people when I first got him, but he quickly overcame the fear?).
The Oranda is named Rohira. He is pretty chill. He likes people, but he is smarter and more tactful about it. He is the laid back one that knows he’s the prettiest. This tank is also home to a school of Kuhli loaches and also a few cherry shrimp who live in the breeder box (temporary shrimp housing till I can get them their own place).

The tank is pretty heavily planted (vals, a huge crypt, some rotala, moss balls, a few Java ferns, Java moss, duckweed, pothos growing out the top, etc,) so perimeters are consistently 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and 2ish nitrates (between 0 and 5 ppm). PH is 8.0.

The tank is heated to 75 because I’m trying to get these Goldie babies to grow out nice wens and the loaches like it warm as well.

Lighting is a full spectrum Aquaneat LED.

I fertilize with flourish and osmocote root tabs (which the vals go crazy with).

It’s filtered with a 200gph SunSun HOB, a large sponge filter and a tetra whisper 10 for the bio media.

Hope you guys enjoy this tank as much as I do! Thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
totm(1).png

18gal 60x30x40(cm)
Eheim 100w heater
Large sponge filter/Eheim air pump
Light: Nicrew 24/7 (this is the 6pm setting)

Stock: Male betta, 4 habrosus corydoras (more incoming soon), 100+ cherry shrimp, 6 nerite snails.

Hardscape: Unipac silver sand, Flourite gravel, Redmoor, Dragonstones.

Plants: Redroot Floaters, Java Moss, Anubias Nana Bonsai, Windelov Java Fern, Amazon Sword, Tiger Lotus, Hygrophila Corymbora, Cryptocoryne Wendtii ‘Green', Echinodorus Magdalensis, Lagenandra Meeboldii Red, Lilaeopsis Mauritius (starts sending runners). Half of the plants are still transitioning from emersed to submersed state, I hope it doesn't look too messy.
More plants incoming: Ludwigia Arcuata, Cyperus Helferi, Pogostemon Helferi, Cryptocoryne Walkeri

Ferts: TNC complete, carbon and root tabs.

Food: Omega Sea Betta Buffet Pellets, Hikari Shrimp Pellets, API Algae Wafers, Spinach/Spirulina Wafers, Fluval Bottom Feeder Bug Bites, Frozen Bloodworms.

20210403_210839.jpg

This is my 22g planted community tank. It's been running for a couple of years now and started off as a breeder tank where i've bred angels and kribs. It's my first planted tank and it's really sparked my interest in aquascaping and aquatic plants. It's a very peaceful tank with fish and shrimp living side by side and it's pretty low maintenance too. Anyway here's some info on the setup!

Tank: 22G 63x38x35
Filter: Aquaone Ocellaris 850 canister
Heater: Aquaone 150w
Substrate: regular play sand with root tabs
Hardscape: Seriyu stone and spiderwood

Inhabitants: 5 Harlequin Rasboras
5 Red eye balloon tetras
5 Kuhli loaches
7 panda corys
2 Calico BNPs
1 Royal whiptail catfish
1 German Blue Ram
1 Honey Gourami
50+ Red Cherry Shrimp
1 Nerite snail

Plants: Hygrophila Blue Stricta
Alternanthera
Milfoil
Ambulia
Pink baby tears
Water sprite
Java moss
Frogbit

DDC05D1D-A4C9-4418-864B-59443C7231B2.jpeg

20 gallon long
Sponge filter
Current satellite plus pro lighting
organic potting soil capped with pool filter sand
TDS 85
Gh 3
Kh <1
Ph 6.3
77F (25C)
The tank has been running for around a year and 5 months. It is moderately tannin-stained from driftwood, catappa leaves, alder cones and other botanicals. Among the plants are java fern, anubias nana petite, rotala indica, bucephalandra, dwarf sag, limnophilla heterophylla and najas indica.

It is home to a pair of betta uberis and around 6 of their offspring (it’s difficult to tell how many as they tend to hide)
12 Sundadanio globinus
7 corydoras habrosus
1 pair of clown killies

The original pair of bettas won’t touch flake/pellets or frozen so I feed black worms, daphnia, fruit flies and in warmer months mosquito larvae when I can harvest them from a bucket of water in my yard. The rest get bugbites, frozen cyclops, daphnia and spirulina flakes.
I typically change 25% of the water every 2 weeks. I use R/O remineralized with Seachem Equilibrium and add 1 pump (2ml) of Thrive all-in-one liquid fertilizer.

Last edited:
EDB973CE-564D-4DEB-9838-2774DC7B9A94.jpeg

This is my 20 gallon planted tank. Stocking includes:
2 dwarf gouramis
3 powder blue gouramis
2 serpae tetras
3 black skirt tetras
2 Nerite snails
I have no idea how many baby snails but I have some.
I feed them at 8 in the morning and night
My plants and hardscapes are
Dragon stone
Amethyst
Grass
Some sort of large fern
Amazon sword
Anubias(petite and medium)
Another fern which I forgot the name of
And wood(Tiger and Spider) along with drift wood
A conch shell.
My eqipent includes
A whisper power filter
Aquatop heater.
Topfin tank light.
Some info about my tank.
This tank has been up and running for about 7 months now. Everyone in the tank loves the Omega one fish flakes that I feed them. There is a lot of aggression but over the past 2 weeks it’s dialed down a bit. Water levels are- Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 20
Temp: 76
Hope you like it!

End of Entries:
Please scroll up as you review the 6 entries and then cast your vote in the poll at the top of the thread.
Thanks for participating in our Tank of the Month contest.

Our Fish of the Month contest resumes in Mid April. For April FOTM, we will be featuring Livebearers. If you have livebearers, we hope you enter one of them in the contest.

46 votes cast so far. If you haven't yet voted, please VOTE NOW.

Our Fish of the Month contest resumes in mid April. This month we will be featuring livebearers. If you have livebearers, take a pic of one of them and be ready to enter FOTM!

We have a winner! Kolykaf has won April's TOTM contest. You may congratulate her by heading over to the Winner's Thread. Click on link below:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back