Vive O Portugal!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Hang on guys, the ref sent him off for pushing Ronaldo, not for the "stamp". Much as I think it is a farce and not in the spirit of the "raising your hands" rule it is the way refs apply it now. I don't like that Ronaldo set out to wind Rooney up, or the wink to the bench when he got sent off, but Rooney shouldn't have reacted to him :X I think he's a diving cheating git anyway, all he's done is convince many ManYoo fans that I was right ;)

We didn't lose to a ref, we lost on panalties to a team we failed to beat :nod: we could still have beaten them with 10 men, if we'd played half as well as we can :nod: we didn't play well enough to beat them, Rooneys sending off didn't affect the result :no:

As for the players, I didn't like Hargreaves, I didn't think he was good enough to play for England :no: I was wrong, he is class when played in the right position and possibly our best player. I've said it beofre but I really don't think Lampard and Gerrard can play together, so drop Lampard on current form and play Hargreaves with Gerrard, if Gerrard loses form, put Lampard in, if Hargreaves loses form, put Carrick in. It all seems so simple for me and I don't need £5m a year to work it out :no:

As for would the English fans do it to Germany fans, of course they would and I wouldn't expect the Germans to then support England ;) I'm more bothered about the fact they were inciting trouble, my mate has cuts on his legs from where a glass bottle thrown by a German fan smashed right next to him, a fan that was not arrested by the way. I'd be happy with the gloating and taunting, it's part of football, there's no need to start a fight though :no:

Ah well, over to the Euro's next and unfortunately we have an easy group so I'm sure we'll qualify, I'd like to take Scotlands group (or Wales/ROI or even N Irelands group as they are all tougher) and us get a battering and not get through to the 2008 finals, so we can get a decent manager in for the 2010 world cup.

Arfie

I would happily take scolari as the next England manager :nod: He might not have the passion but he has the brains. Here's some stuff that should cheer you up:

ronaldodive.gif

ronaldo-prayingformercy.jpg

ronaldo-making-it-up1.jpg

ronaldo-breaking-neck.jpg

personally , as a united fan who does not < EVER > support the english team , i cant see why i wouldnt want ronaldo back. he is a great player , and without him i cant see united getting too far this season unless we sign another world class striker. think about it , if you played for england , and in the primera liga , if you played against spain - you would do everything you could to ensure england win , regardless of where you ply your proffessional trade

Ronaldo's not coming back cos he knows he'll get battered by Rooney and booed and hated by any English fan every time Man Utd enter the stadium! What would be the point! Plus we're signing some german dude soon, the bank's open

Guess it will always be difficult for Hendrix to stomach the fact that his favorite team was beaten, and especially by a player who was his favorite before the tournament.

By the way, Rooney has said that there are no hard feelings between him and Ronaldo.

SLC

Well of course he would say that. I know Rooney well enough to know that hard feelings will last between them two!!

Also, it's not just the Man Utd situation. Every die-hard football fan in the country is after Ronaldo's blood and every game he goes to is going to be so aggressive towards him.

By the way, Rooney has said that there are no hard feelings between him and Ronaldo.

SLC
Rooney has also said he's going to split Ronaldo in two AND smack him in the head :blink: I think Sir Alex will need Kofi Annan resent at training when they get back :lol:

Apparently they were joking before the game and Ronaldo told Rooney he was going to get him sent off and Rooney assumed his clubmate was joking, apparently he wasn't. Still he was stoooopid for letting him win :rolleyes:

Arfie

Rooney is a waste of skin, what a fat, pathetic, crybaby he is! I hope he gets "Split in half"

Pufferpro

The Portugal team are in decompression chambers until Saturday to recover from all the diving they've done recently :lol:

Ronaldo's superman penalty appeal was hillarious :lol:

Then the cross came in off the left wing and 2 of them went down at the same time, syncronised diving :hyper:

Seriously though, the ref should have at the very least booked 3 Portugal players for diving and in some cases they should heve been sent for an early bath. It's plain to see where it all comes from when you look at the way the manager was conducting himself, as good as Scolari is, I'm glad he didn't take the England job, we've enough diving to stamp out as it is.

Arfie

Portugal is one team i really hate. They're a bunch of divers, especially that wimp Cristiano Ronaldo. I just hate portugal, with a passion. The only players in there i don't hate are probably Ricardo and Deco (and he isn't actually Portuguese either)

P.T.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back