Vitamins

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

chrisrm

Fish Addict
Reaction score
someone suggested to me today to soak cichlid pellets in vitamins.

Just wondered how many people do/ have done this and is it that benificial?

any brands in particular?

Personally I think thats a bad idea, most animal feeds do already include the recommended dosage of vitamins and adding extra can cause more harm than good (I recently asked my vet about this when one of my dogs had cancer), This also includes fish foods. If you look on most packs of food the vitamin content is listed. :good:

someone suggested to me today to soak cichlid pellets in vitamins.

Just wondered how many people do/ have done this and is it that benificial?

any brands in particular?

I tend to soak blood worms (or other live foods) in vitamins due to the fact that they are not nutritionally brilliant. I think to soak pellets/flakes in vitamins would be over-doing it as the majority of flakes/pellets are 'complete foods' meaning all the vitamins and other nutrients have been already packed into the food.

I would recommend Vitazin by Waterlife.

Here in the USA we can get fish vitamins they Vita-Chem they are called. I sware that they helped my Uarus with HITH heal so fast. I sometime soak my bloodworms in the vitamines. I think they do help ill fish. if you can find fish Vitamins they can help but not nessary.

I personally wouldn't bother, a staple of a quality flake/pellet topped off with treats/greens should provide all the nutrients/vitamins your fish need.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back