Views at sea

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

AquaBarb

Aqua}^>holic
🏆 Tank of the Year 🏆
Reaction score
Down dorset at the moment and we have 9 cruise ships docked just off the bay. Magnificent to view up close on a boat cruise we did. Almost as spectacular as the dolphins we had as company :)
20200804_173851.jpg
20200804_173943.jpg
20200804_174033.jpg
20200804_174149.jpg
20200804_174239.jpg

Man, those look terrific. It’s amazing what we can build.

So cool! I've never seen a cruise ship in person, but the whole experience sounds exactly like why my wife and I love Vegas. The architecture/engineering masterpieces, shows, interesting people and gorging ourselves at the buffet.

We almost booked a cruise for this spring before all this Covid-19 stuff broke out since we have enough MyVegas loyalty points to go on several. We booked a Vegas vacation instead because our daughter has been begging to go for years since my wife and I go almost every year and we felt she was mature enough to go on her first vacation. Of course that didn't pan out, either.

many larger cruise ships can hold over 5000 passengers...

Look up Symphony Of The Seas, for example. Max capacity is 6,680 passengers and 2,200 crew. 8,880 souls on board. Supposed to make the Titanic look like a bath toy.
See, now what would happen if a ship like that sunk or was struck by something huge? If you are the captain, you literally have the lives of a decent sized town on your hands. That is a crazy amount of people. The ship itself would be huge/a maze and really hard to navigate.

I just cant fathom... :no::book:

See, now what would happen if a ship like that sunk or was struck by something huge? If you are the captain, you literally have the lives of a decent sized town on your hands. That is a crazy amount of people. The ship itself would be huge/a maze and really hard to navigate.

I just cant fathom... :no::book:

Good news is that we learned a lot from the Titanic.

Good news is that we learned a lot from the Titanic.
Yes, most defiantly. We now have enough life boats for everyone, and maybe extra.

(I did the math, even if each life boat holds 20 people, you would need 444 life boats. That would take forever to unload, in case of an emergency)

Yes, most defiantly. We now have enough life boats for everyone, and maybe extra.

(I did the math, even if each life boat holds 20 people, you would need 444 life boats. That would take forever to unload, in case of an emergency)
Most defiantly. Are we learning in defiance?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back