"view New Content"

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PrairieSunflower

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
When I am on the main page and click "view new content", for the last week or so it has only given me the same 9 topics that I commented on at some point.... and not the usual list of recent posts that people have made.  If I look on the main page on the right side at "recent  topics" that is the only way I can see new posts (other than look at every single section individually.

I should add I have cleared my cache files.

Sounds unusual really.

I personally have had no issues at all with that at all.

if more folks report anything unusual with that then will get an admin to have a look at this.

But to me, its perhaps from your pc/laptop, internet connection or even a settings glitch. I don't know much about that sort of thing to be honest.

Do let us know if you continue to have problems with that and for anyone else as well.

Check your options on the left hand side, highlighted in pink.  Have you accidentally clicked on the 'Items I participated in' option?

Its definitely an option on the left as suggested above. Just make sure none of those options are selected.

Sorry, should have been more specific...

If you click View New Content, then on the bottom left there's a few options under a pink rectangle. Just make sure none of the options under 'Other' are not selected.

When you go to the View New Content page, on the left are a list of options and on the right are your results (under the Forums heading).

Options are arranged by content type, by time period or Other.  Depending which options you have ticked/highlighted will affect what results you see.

Ah!  That has saved the day!  I did have something under other checked... must have hit that by mistake as I've never taken note of that section before!

Thanks everyone!

I am having the same issue, however, when I click on the correct option I want for all forums and click save, nothing happens.
confused.gif
I have cleared my cache in both browsers that I use, but to no avail.

edited to add; please disregard. Got it working! :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back