Vienna emerald DS guppies...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
There fins almost look like legs lol I love them

I really like the chap with the red dot marking on his tail fins , do they all have different markings or is that a male thing ?

I really like the chap with the red dot marking on his tail fins , do they all have different markings or is that a male thing ?
Most males look quite similar. But there are some small differences. One of things that happens with vienna emeralds is that each male will not be phenotypically a 100% the same. But close...

Most males look quite similar. But there are some small differences. One of things that happens with vienna emeralds is that each male will not be phenotypically a 100% the same. But close...
almost no guppy strains are 100% phenotypically the same
even if from the same brood.

almost no guppy strains are 100% phenotypically the same
even if from the same brood.
At shows you can get the wrong impression when it comes to steady phenotypes. For those entries are selectively chosen with the best features. But if you'd look into the breeding tank, you'll see that there are differences between those males.

At shows you can get the wrong impression when it comes to steady phenotypes. For those entries are selectively chosen with the best features. But if you'd look into the breeding tank, you'll see that there are differences between those males.
yes! one of the baby males has gold in one spot, but the other one has blue!
the show ones are the best of the brood, the other ones are probably a little different (or a lot)

i just noticed i had a guy like this but he was blue and had less spots and he was a japanese lyretail i think.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back