The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FishBR

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Tank has cycled and I have finally all the fish:

- 6 Dwarf Rainbowfish (Melanotaenia maccullochi "Starche Creek")
- 6 Odessa Barbs (Pethia padamya)
- 6 Corydoras Julii
- 5 Panda Garras (Garra flavatra)

Here is a video of the tank made with my crappy iPhone camera:

The rainbowfish have been in the tank for less than 48 hours and are still adapting. But some males are already showing some colors. They are juveniles (as the panda garras) and should get more color as they grow.

You can find more info about setup and plants in the video's description.

I hope you will enjoy.

Lovely tank. You've done a really nice job on the Aquascape. I really like the navy background too!

Lovely tank. You've done a really nice job on the Aquascape. I really like the navy background too!

Thank you! I like the blue too. Wife thinks it fits the color scheme of the house :)

Looks great !!! You are making me want re-aquascape my whole tank!!

Thank you. I am flattered to know the tank can inspire someone :)

Looks beautiful, love the scape!
Good looking fish too.

Though your cories are actually corydoras trilineatus, not true julii :)

Very nice looking tank, fish look great. I like your use of rocks, I have not added rocks to my tanks in a long time but may to that after seeing yours ;)

Looks beautiful, love the scape!
Good looking fish too.

Thank you!

Though your cories are actually corydoras trilineatus, not true julii :)

They were sold as julii, but I know trilineatus is more common. Too late for the video :)

Very nice looking tank, fish look great. I like your use of rocks, I have not added rocks to my tanks in a long time but may to that after seeing yours ;)

Thank you. I got ideas from watching a lot of videos. It is quite simple, actually. I like the concept of "island".

Very nice! I like the "island" too, and as some of my friends here know, I kind of like panda garra. :lol: That is going to look absolutely wonderful in six months when the rainbows are colored up and the plants are filled in. Well done.

Tank looks fantastic. And all the fish look so healthy. I see a Tank of the Month in your future.

Very nice! I like the "island" too, and as some of my friends here know, I kind of like panda garra. :lol: That is going to look absolutely wonderful in six months when the rainbows are colored up and the plants are filled in. Well done.

Thank you. Panda garras are amazing, aren't they? :)

Tank looks fantastic. And all the fish look so healthy. I see a Tank of the Month in your future.

Thank you. How and when do you submit to the Tank of the Month? I am new member...

You need to wait until a new Tank of the Month competition is announced. These are done by tank size. The next competition for tanks 31 gallons and over is planned to start on 1 November.

Hi everyone,

Tank has cycled and I have finally all the fish:

- 6 Dwarf Rainbowfish (Melanotaenia maccullochi "Starche Creek")
- 6 Odessa Barbs (Pethia padamya)
- 6 Corydoras Julii
- 5 Panda Garras (Garra flavatra)

Here is a video of the tank made with my crappy iPhone camera:

The rainbowfish have been in the tank for less than 48 hours and are still adapting. But some males are already showing some colors. They are juveniles (as the panda garras) and should get more color as they grow.

You can find more info about setup and plants in the video's description.

I hope you will enjoy.
Love the tank, so peaceful.

Most reactions

Back