Video Of My Tank 1 Week After Adding Co2 Setup

coolie

Fish Addict
Reaction score
This is my setup, I've added CO2 setup and this is one week in.

Note, there is no solenoid yet, it's on order.

The CO2 is set very low so as not to send anything off the rickter scale, i.e. the plants were more or less static until now.

Sorry I only have a few Neons and Red Ember Tetras, more fish will be added at some point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voo_2o0u9lc&feature=youtu.be

don't know how to embed video.

Looks okay BUT.

Change the substrate! If your going to use CO2 you need the best possible stuff for your plants. That also includes good lighting and good ferts :p 

Otherwise it will go to waste :3

Substrates fine, generally the substrate especially made for planted tanks are for low tech setups. Normal substrates are fine for high tech if the water column nutrient level is optimal.

If I was to critique your set up the only thing I would mention is it looks like you have direct sunlight entering your tank, and it looks like your flow level isnt very high, you generally need a good amount of flow for a high tech especially when your plants start to grow and fill in the tank

Thank you both for looking and your comments. The flow is a little low. I will address this shortly when I replace the filter. This internal filter "box" has been known to trap and kill my small tetras behind it which is not acceptable.

The sunlight is a. only in summer. b. only for 45 mins or so per day in the summer. c. only up one end of the tank. so I am not overly concerned about it.

The ambient daylight it gets during the day can't be much more than having a longer photo period and so my lights are only on for 6.5 hours.

I will keep an eye on all these things along with my budget of course!

With regard to the substrate, I am dosing my own ferts and wanted primarily java fern which isn't in the substrate anyway. There is mire java fern in there than you can see, some seeded along a piece of bogwood waiting to grow I hope.

Most reactions

trending

Back