Viable eggs?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Anthony1976

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Do these look like a lost cause to you guys or should I persevere with them they are 24 hours old . And should I get the meth blue out before they possibly hatch? Thanks
5208B848-BAEE-44C0-B644-85B32681BFE3.jpeg

You've got a few fungused ones that need to be removed asap.
Oh right thankyou is that not the light shining from above? Do you need to remove them with the meth blue in there? And are the majority of them looking the right colour?

Oh right thankyou is that not the light shining from above? Do you need to remove them with the meth blue in there?
Yes remove any eggs with fungus as soon as you see them or it will spread

Yes the eggs that have fungus have to be removed regardless.

Are your other eggs albino Corydoras?

Ive compiled comparisons here

Yes the eggs that have fungus have to be removed regardless.

Are your other eggs albino Corydoras?
Yes albino Cory’s , I’ve had a look at the eggs you’re talking about on the left and it looks like it’s fuzz or hair from one of the towels I’ve been using as much as I try I just can’t keep the damn things out of there lol should I remove the meth blue on the third day???

keep a close eyes and don't let the other eggs touch them just to be cautious then.

If the parents are albino, the fertile eggs may not darken since fry will be white.

Id leave the eggs for 5 days see if they show movement or hatch by then (most take 3-5 days to hatch). By day 6 if nothing then they're not good.

keep a close eyes and don't let the other eggs touch them just to be cautious then.

If the parents are albino, the fertile eggs may not darken since fry will be white.

Id leave the eggs for 5 days see if they show movement or hatch by then (most take 3-5 days to hatch). By day 6 if nothing then they're not good.
Ok thanks for the help, they were on the glass and I rolled them off with my fingers then rolled them back on the tub walls

Been having problems lately with the females not showing much interest in doing the t position and just laying the eggs then immediately eating them there are at least three males in there so I’m a bit confused as to what’s going on . My nitrates have crept up a bit and I’m keeping them under control with water changes. Could unsuitable water conditions ( high natrates) be stopping the females getting the eggs fertilised? Any thoughts ????

Are you 100% certain your males are males and not females or juveniles?

Been having problems lately with the females not showing much interest in doing the t position and just laying the eggs then immediately eating them there are at least three males in there so I’m a bit confused as to what’s going on . My nitrates have crept up a bit and I’m keeping them under control with water changes. Could unsuitable water conditions ( high natrates) be stopping the females getting the eggs fertilised? Any thoughts about
Are you 100% certain your males are males and not females or juveniles?
Yes definitely, they are all around 18 months old I bought seven at the same time. I successfully reared around thirty fry around six moths ago so I know there is at least one male that’s good

it may just be bad luck if none are fertile.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back