FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Courtneymariexo

Reaction score
or starters my name is Courtney and I'm new to this. I have a friend who's betta fish is sick with what we believe is columnaris.

Here's a little about her tank:
She's had it for about a year, it's a 5g tank with heater and filter. I know she does change the filter cartridge every month and she does do water changes in between as well. She feeds him daily. She is not sure as to what her levels are, she does have an API test kit coming and should be here next week.

Earlier this week when she went to to feed him she noticed a white spot on him towards his top fin (she wasnt sure if was an injury or a white spot) and she also noticed a couple white spots on his body. He definitely has lost of color and his poor fins look like fin rot/collapsed fins.

Since noticing the white spots on him, she did a big water change and added Jungle Fungus Clear, we are limited as to what we have, most online ordering is going to take a little longer due to Covid19. So we had to settle for what was at Walmart, however we do have Kanaplex and API General Cure coming through the mail, a very nice lady has been helping my friend and I through this and very generous of her to help out and that should be here hopefully in the next two days.

So she did Jungle Fungus Clear treatment after a water change, and she said some of the white spots disappeared, but the next day she would notice another spot or two. She did do another treatment or JFC as per the box.

The fish is still eating and hes still swimming so that gives us hope.

So my next question is, with how fragile the poor guy is, do you recommend doing both Kanaplex and API general cure, one over the other or do you think he's to far gone?
We are not sure which step to take next...any help would be greatly appreciated...
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 98
On dear, he does look very sick. The pictures aren't very clear, could the white spots be skin/ gill flukes?
Lots of different medications could cause more stress. Try 75% water change every day for a week and then repost on his progress. If he deteriorates, repost. If the fish gets any red areas, add dissolved aquarium salt (2 tablespoons) and repost.
Hope he makes it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back