Very sad goldfish in urgent need of home, West Kent

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I've started cycling a backup sponge filter today just in case! the filter it came with was a "just hit it till it starts again" type thing! Bought an air stone to put at the back as well - figured more air can't hurt! Lights are arriving tomorrow, just gone with some ok looking ones from amazon, finding a lid is going to be interesting!

Water tests were actually ok - PH wasn't though but it sounds like dropping the PH suddenly might not be good for him so might try driftwood?

Not planning on a planted tank, will try and grow some of the Elodea already in the tank along the back so he can have something to nibble on and have a few fake plants to put in as well!

I don't know if he's moving around more now because he's happier now or because he's agitated by something?

Lights arrived today! Made a very budget lid until we can get a bit of perspex or glass to go on top!

Waiting a while to change the substrate i dont trust the parameters not to jump around with all this new stuff!

Getting there though! Not sure how well the methylene blue is working though

Attachments

• 951B1B7A-64F6-426C-9E16-FB4AAFAC04DF.png
    951B1B7A-64F6-426C-9E16-FB4AAFAC04DF.png
    935.1 KB · Views: 54
One last update, until we get him a friend that is! Before and afters! He’s much happier rooting around in the sand am hoping the real plants will start to grow a bit now there’s light so i can hide the brighter ones and he can nibble at the real plants a bit.

Water is looking good but just waiting until the backup filter is more mature until we get him a friend!

Just wanted to thank you guys for your help! It’s been a long time since I’ve been in the fish community and it’s still as wonderful as ever! ❤️

Attachments

• 844A26FD-0F89-493C-A852-D4C8A9FD94E7.png
    844A26FD-0F89-493C-A852-D4C8A9FD94E7.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 51
  • AE020F89-EBD2-4D50-8007-F73FD3F2C5F9.png
    AE020F89-EBD2-4D50-8007-F73FD3F2C5F9.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 54
Wow! The difference in the tank, and the fish, is amazing! Really glad he landed in the perfect home after all :D Thank you for updating with the pics, it's always nice to see an update, especially with a happy ending! ❤️

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back