Reaction score
110 litre
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 15
Ph 7.2
Temp 26
Water 50/50 RO and tap changing 30% weekly

Good water movement and filtration show up as 8/10 on oxygen test kit. Air stone in the tank along with the filter bubbler.

One of my 4 dannios has started breathing very rapidly, around 5 breaths a second I'd say. Started yesterday. The dannios being my longest standing fish since I had the tank.
Still eating and swimming normally

Nothing bullies them they're just in their own happy world

I did purchase a julidochromis fish a couple weeks ago which I don't have another tank to quarantine so I'm thinking this could be a cause?
I can't see any signs of disease and redness worn away gills bulging eyes etc...just the very rapid breathing from the mouth and gills.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

You can add some aquarium salt at 1 tablespoon for every 5 gallons. Be sure to dissolve it in a little tank water first. Aquarium salt helps improve gill function.

Ok just bought some I'll add when I get home. If it did happen to be a disease from the new fish is it at all possible for the new fish to not have symptoms but the dannio to get them ?

Ok just bought some I'll add when I get home. If it did happen to be a disease from the new fish is it at all possible for the new fish to not have symptoms but the dannio to get them ?
If the Danio already had stress it could affect it’s immune system. Perhaps it’s just stressed from the new neighbors.

Hmm...day 3 with the salt and still struggling...

Any more suggestions? ...

Just bizzare how he's still eating fine and swimming normally

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back