FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Throw some floating plants like frogbit in there and maybe some java fern is pretty easy. You could plant some dwarf sag. It's definitely looking pretty bare in there.
I actually picked up a bag of mixed floaters from my local aquarium shop. Thereā€™s some big ones in there too it was pretty sick.
Iā€™ve also left some anubias floating, not really a floating plant but it can be grown that way.
I did have three Java fern in there but I moved them to different tanks so I would have some plants in my fry growouts. Iā€™m thinking maybe a driftwood bonsai???? I just want it to be aesthetically pleasing.

I added kuhli loach to this tank yesterday as well and they seem to be liking all the holes in the lava rock, I have already observed some eel like behavior between them and that rock.
But this tank is fairly well stocked and all the fish do a fairly good job of hiding, so thatā€™s really not much of an issue.

I actually picked up a bag of mixed floaters from my local aquarium shop. Thereā€™s some big ones in there too it was pretty sick.
Iā€™ve also left some anubias floating, not really a floating plant but it can be grown that way.
I did have three Java fern in there but I moved them to different tanks so I would have some plants in my fry growouts. Iā€™m thinking maybe a driftwood bonsai???? I just want it to be aesthetically pleasing.

I added kuhli loach to this tank yesterday as well and they seem to be liking all the holes in the lava rock, I have already observed some eel like behavior between them and that rock.
But this tank is fairly well stocked and all the fish do a fairly good job of hiding, so thatā€™s really not much of an issue.
pictures? we can identify!

0F1D9BA4-A9C6-409E-9B1F-12AB53DB84B9.jpeg
0DFC951D-76C7-4453-AFE3-44093FC368FF.jpeg
46D2E500-16A9-4874-A39D-9ADBB4886B56.jpeg

I like the big ones the best personally

You got duckweed and pistia stratiotes.

The big one is water lettuce, Pistia stratiotes. The smaller similar looking plants are the same plant, just not as well grown yet.

The really tiny ones look like duckweed.

Edit - betta4ever! beat me to it :lol:

the water lettuce will grow big, you got a ton of baby plants which is kind of rare lol the time i got water lettuce was one big plant

the water lettuce will grow big, you got a ton of baby plants which is kind of rare lol the time i got water lettuce was one big plant
I gotta say the aquarium store guy is definitely a cool dude, he put three random scoops from three random tanks, and then he went looking (took him a couple minutes) and he stuck the biggest one he had in there. Iā€™m pretty pleased I was able to seed 4 tanks.

You got duckweed and pistia stratiotes.

The big one is water lettuce, Pistia stratiotes. The smaller similar looking plants are the same plant, just not as well grown yet.

The really tiny ones look like duckweed.

Edit - betta4ever! beat me to it :lol:
I was pretty sure I had some duckweed, but part of me was holding back thinking it might be something else very similar in size.
Thatā€™s cool tho cus I have ducks I might skim some of that stuff off the top of the tanks once it grows in and see if theyā€™ll eat it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back