Verizon Droid

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

steelhealr

Hug a mod Nano Reef Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Hi....I am due for an upgrade to my cell phone. I have the BB Curve 8330 which I love. Stay with it? Anyone have the Droid? Do you like it? SH

One of my friends had a Blackberry and switched it in for the HTC droid. He loves it! He was showing it to me a few weeks ago and now I'm planning on getting one come upgrade time. Great phones. The motorola droid I heard is the roughly the same thing except with a sliding top to reveal a "qwerty" keypad. The HTC droid is all touch screen. Motorola is touch screen except the keypad underneath the slider. The Droids are a lot like Iphones, think handheld computer. lol.

The Android OS and Market is getting better and better and although I am currently stuck with v1.5 and am happy with that the droid is using 2.1 already I think (need to check), which will give you google maps navigation amongst other things.

Any decent Android phone is a good thing, the droid being better than most. The Google Nexus One or HTC Desire (when it is released to market) are also high powered phones running 1GHz CPUs....all very very nice

I've been reading and some of the reviews state that the keyboard isn't good and that the phone has trouble with some types of email accounts such as yahoo. SH

I know this is an older post but just in case you havent decided yet.

I work for a manufacturing company that creates accessories and software for mobile phones. As such I get to play with pretty much all the new phones that come onto the market. I have been an avid blackberry user for almost two years now and have personally owned most of the recent BlackBerry models. However after playing with quite a few droid devices I'm fairly sure I will be switch to one of the droid based phones soon. The interface is very nice to use, the hardware spec on the likes of the nexus are amazing and they application market place is growing very rapidly (its already better than the BlackBerry one). The internet browser works great (thats the thing I have never liked on the BlackBerry) and its a fast growing market place (so not going to disappear in a few months time).

Definitely stay away from the Palm Pre, its basically palms last ditch attempt to make a modern smartphone and it pretty much fails. Nobody wants to develop software for it (which is one of the biggest considerations for modern smartphones imo) and unlike Android which many manufacturers are using the Palm WebOS is only being used by palm for a few phones (so likely to die out fairly soon).

I know a lot of top guys at HTC who make most of the Android and Windows Mobile devices in the market place now and they are definitely going to be moving away from windows mobile and creating a lot more droid devices in the future.

So in summary defo go for a droid device, you wont be disappointed :)

Thanks Barney. No...I haven't decided yet. Funny, just last week I spent an hour at Verizon looking at the phones:

1) I wasn't that impressed with the Palm Pre. Small keyboard and something just didn't feel right about it.

2) Blackberry. I love mine, but, it seems to be behind the times in so many things.

3) Droid...hmmmm. Didn't like the flat keys. Felt heavy. Worst..it is a Google device. My main emails are on Yahoo and I would have to pay $20 a year. Also heard there are issues with retrieving email.

Honestly, if I hadn't been with Verizon for forever, I would probably get an Iphone.

So..no...I am still unclear. If I stay with BB, I would probably go with the Tour.

Still open to input here.

SH

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back