Venturing Into The Whole World Series Seven - <spring Sunrise>

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

barrylamlam

Reaction score
hello everybody:
this's my 40CM X 29CM X 29CM tank
2006 aquascape < Spring Sunrise > , also my first post here...
hope you enjoy it :)

a023606589.jpg

b023609276.jpg

c023601256.jpg

b023609876.jpg

f023602864.jpg

h023600236.jpg

Right that's it! Ive had enough of seeing such amazing tanks from the CAU people, anyone want to buy my three tanks, I'm going to start extreme ironing as a hobby, as I'll quite clearly never get anywhere in this hobby when people are producing tanks of this quality.

Sam

PS I'd prefer 10quid for the tanks but will take 5quid if necessary, pick up only ;)

Sam , come on man pick urself up!

I felt exactly this way, but think of them as inspiration not negatively.

Sure they are amazing, but i am currently buying EVERYTHING that one of these tanks uses (can`t tell u which lol) then i have no excuses! At least then i can only blame myself and improve my own skills since i can not criticise my equipment.

Barry, i am a huge fan of your work. Some more inspiration...i can already see ideas i will be adopting.

Chris

excellent!!!!!!!!!

Btw, where are the wires and pipes coming in from in the tank? Theres none at the top!!

Absolutely incredible! Soo bright 8)

So many questions... How long did it take you, what equipment, substrate?, fertilizers?

I take it you follow ADA principles and maintenance?

CW

Awesome tank. Barry can you share with us the lighting, ferts, substrate and so on. As you can tell, many of us are keen to learn from you guys in the CAU.

Nick

Thanks everyone for loving my tank.

to craynerd

tks for ur comments... :blush:

yes u are right :good:
i have been taken out all equipment for the picture.

to Chris_Wood

here is my tank spec. :)
Lights : 36W PL X 2
fertilizers : ADA Step 1, ECA, Iron bottom
substrate : ADA IRON Bottom ,ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia
Change water : 1/3 per 3 days
CO2: Pressurised CO2 non stop 4 bubbles per second

Hi Barry,

I make that tank around 33lt yet you say you have CO2 at 4 BPS, do you know what the CO2 level is. At that rate it could be over 100ppm?

Thanks

Sam

Hi Barry,

I make that tank around 33lt yet you say you have CO2 at 4 BPS, do you know what the CO2 level is. At that rate it could be over 100ppm?

Thanks

Sam
It seems, a lot of people questioning why we injet so many CO2. May be I can explain a little bit, that is our experience of using ADA substrate, it turn the water to very soft, KH down to almost 0, and PH also below 6. As you may aware lower KH will cause low buffer to PH, if according to the relative table of PH to KH to measure the CO2 level, low KH and low PH of water will not easy to retain CO2, that why we have to injet more to compensate the loss. Also to injet how many is suitable for the same size of tank, I think it should also consider the density of plant and their grow rate. For those fast growing plant, the amount of CO2 should use up faster than the slow one, especially we use strong lighting. I can say it is a kind of push strategy to provide a saturate environment in order to let the plant stronger, because only a strong plant could affort heavy trim and split branch more easy after trim. B)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, thank you so much Gary, that certainly clarifies a lot of things for me!!

I am using ADA aquasoil in my new setup i am making within the next few weeks, so i am listening carefully.!!

......my KH in my local area in the UK is very low, around 20ppm and the pH is 6.7. If i use Aquasoil then i presume the KH will lower even further. Now if this does move near to 0 like you said, will this not cause a complete pH crash..OR since KH and pH are related, once KH has reached near 0 i presume the pH will be able to drop no further! Therefore is this the reason that you wrote about, why you add so much CO2 to get the saturated solution ?

Chris

As Chris says, thanks for providing the info, it has puzzled me and a few others for a while now, and its always good to find out what other people are doing :)

Just one question though, if you have very low KH how do you prevent the pH from crashing? Is that done through the large regular water changes? I see this tank gets 1/3 every three days, far more often than I do mine.

Regards

Sam

Sam, is it maybe soemthing to do with the reason i said above, if the KH gets so low, since pH and Kh are directly related, if KH drops to near 0 this will inhibit the drop of pH since KH can not move any further! Seems a strange concept and i think i may be totally wrong, but....

it would also give reason to why they inject so much CO2, since the KH is low and pH will not go lower, they need to saturate the solution to get the disired CO2 level ???

lol, thats my theory!! :D :D :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back